Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One more coat of high gloss white paint on the molding in the entrance foyer and the foyer is done. Then I have to figure out what kind of tile to put down.

Last

Last edited:

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it's 4 degrees out there with a frozen snow covered ground between me and the barn
Fresh water and a light perch scraping for the birds. Caution going over that frozen tundra.
I have laundry, painting, & cleaning on today's schedule. When is it going to warm up?

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tell you....snow is one thing but ice is another game. We are suppose to get freezing rain tomorrow again. Rough weather.
Last

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And to think,, when I listened to people with minus degree temperatures in Minnesota, I used to respond with, "I would be moving,,

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And to think,, when I listened to people with minus degree temperatures in Minnesota, I used to respond with, "I would be moving,,
Lol. Yeah Canada is even worse...took a fishing trip in the last week in August a few years back. One day the temps dropped and it began to sleet....couldn't believe it. Fish didnt care but whoa it was cold.
Last

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder,, with really cold temperatures and the water almost cold enough to freeze,, do those fish smell??
My lake is solid still right now. Its 40 ft deep in spots and averages about 20 ft and is spring fed. People snowmobile on it. Some fish are almost hibernate states when it freezes to save energy (bass). Pike, Walleye are fun to catch in the winter as they still feed alot and pulling a huge fish in on a small rod is fun. When the ice is gone and the water temps raise a little, Crappie will have feeding frenzies and that is a great time to catch them as their fillets are firm and they are a very tasty fish. In summer they fillet out differently and aren't as good. The crappy's on our lake will run up to 12-15 inches which quit large. Most fish have a different smell in spring than in mid summer.
Last

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac and Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It’s a gorgeous sunny day and a crisp 60 degrees here in central California.

Last

Last edited:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
California is okay and your weather is warm. Kinda like that other west coast strip of land that fell into the Pacific a couple of hundred years ago.
Last

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Fish smell"....getting kind or personal aren't we? LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread