NEW CONTEST

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are about 5 inches in already. We may hit 10 inches today....I was doubting it last night but not so much now. I hope it warms up to the 40's soon here as well.
Last

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
May hit 60 today

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read the post about the "US" pin and the question about was it an officer or enlisted. Rank insignia's don't always tell the story. I had just got to Germany and was 19 years old. The shop I worked in had a long coat rack that everyone hung there field jackets on. I was in a hurry to go to lunch and on the way out I grabbed the jacket that was on my hook and headed out. I went to the post office, commissary and stopped by the local roach truck to get a bite to eat. Everywhere I went I kept getting really strange looks and a few salutes. After an hour of running all over the base I returned back to the shop only to be greeted by our Lt. Colonel who wanted his field jacket back. At that moment I looked at my jacket sleeve and noticed that there where no stripes on it, I only had two to start with. As I took it off and noticed the cluster on the collar, a gigantic knot over took my stomach. As I handed the colonel back his jacket, he must have seen that there was no color left in my face. He ask if the colonel had a good lunch with a sly grin? I stated if was good up to this point. Nothing was ever said about it again but I can say that I NEVER picked up and put on another field jacket without looking at it again.

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read the post about the "US" pin and the question about was it an officer or enlisted. Rank insignia's don't always tell the story. I had just got to Germany and was 19 years old. The shop I worked in had a long coat rack that everyone hung there field jackets on. I was in a hurry to go to lunch and on the way out I grabbed the jacket that was on my hook and headed out. I went to the post office, commissary and stopped by the local roach truck to get a bite to eat. Everywhere I went I kept getting really strange looks and a few salutes. After an hour of running all over the base I returned back to the shop only to be greeted by our Lt. Colonel who wanted his field jacket back. At that moment I looked at my jacket sleeve and noticed that there where no stripes on it, I only had two to start with. As I took it off and noticed the cluster on the collar, a gigantic knot over took my stomach. As I handed the colonel back his jacket, he must have seen that there was no color left in my face. He ask if the colonel had a good lunch with a sly grin? I stated if was good up to this point. Nothing was ever said about it again but I can say that I NEVER picked up and put on another field jacket without looking at it again.
That was like a episode of Seinfeld!
Last

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Troy Shadow X5
Tesoro Vaquero
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Guess I am still gullible but we did see a mountain lion lastnight

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took the girl (school was canceled) through the storm and too a huge sledding hill. She had a blast as did I and we shot home for some hot coco. Snow still falling but no real wind to speak of so things could be a lot worse right now. We are probably close to 6 or 7 inches right now.
Last

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bathroom walls insulated and vaper barrier on. might do some sheet rock tomorrow.

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will get the shovel out later....would guess we are over 7 inches right now. Gotta love it!
Last

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took the girl (school was canceled) through the storm and too a huge sledding hill. She had a blast as did I and we shot home for some hot coco. Snow still falling but no real wind to speak of so things could be a lot worse right now. We are probably close to 6 or 7 inches right now.
Last
Shame on you for not calling the school first to find out if it was open.

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac and Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok folks, just in the event that our Connecticut trip falls through and we change it to California, I have been scoping out spots we can hit. I was in Santa Monica yesterday and was eyeing the beach there. I know it’s produced but it’s also heavily hunted. There were three guys detecting it as I was there. You can see one of them in the second picture.

I’ll keep looking for some good sites...until then, I am last.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1518208966.783907.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1518208980.233939.jpg

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Count Tippy and me in when you all want to go to CA. to hit the beaches for single coins and jewels and look at the young ladies there, and for buried treasures.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread