Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently got the green light on a site that Ive been waitin on since July. I only spent a couple of hrs there today. The land owner is extremely nice. When I arrived he had aerial maps with his land outlined for me. Dont know exactly but theres alot more than 175 acres.He showed me around and told me where all the markers were. One piece of his land is a mile down the road from the other lot.Anyways, after chatting with him for a while I was anxious to get started. I began diggin the usual iron and misc.junk. I dug a fired pistol bullet. Towards dark I dug a nice dropped pistol bullet and a IH that ended up being 1903. Also a Scout pocket knife and a strange peice of metal that I thought was a shell frag.Upon cleaning it looks and feels hevy like lead. I scratched it and it is way harder than lead? The bullet with the rings Mics out at .40 cal and is .60 tall, the other the best i can tell is also .40cal and .617 tall. I also forgot about the peice of iron in the pic, thought it may have been a butt plate. After cleaning I think Ive seen this on a tool like early shovel or rake or something.

Attachments

• nick1.jpg
    nick1.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 809
  • nick2.jpg
    nick2.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 815
  • nick3.jpg
    nick3.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 825
Upvote 0

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the lead and IH Getty.
I'm sure we'll be seeing some great relics from you at the new spot. :thumbsup:
-Dug-

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your heavy lead piece may be part of a lead sabot of an artillery shell. The ones I have found are very similar.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If I didn't have to quarter that buck up I would have been right there with you Bud.Sound's like a great site and the location is prime.Congrat's on your find's and I hope to get out soon as long as those damn deer stay out of my field's :laughing7:

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"he had aerial maps with his land outlined for me."

Now that's service! Is he going to dig your holes for you too? :laughing7:

Keep us posted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread