New dectorist from uk

treasurehunter1957

Apr 9, 2020
hampshire united kingdom
Detector(s) used
minelab ctx3030 , minelab sovereign gt.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi i am a fellow detectorist from the uk who mainly detects beaches on the south coast with reasonable success , after reading many interesting feedbacks from fellow american detectorist discussing the advantages of the equinox 800 over the ctx3030 , i do agree that the equinox 800 wins hands down on weight and simplicity , but it does confuse me saying the 800 has a faster recovery speed :icon_scratch:, does this mean it has a better processor and does this mean the ctx is an old dinosaur of a detector , i dare say minelab are in developing the new detector to succeed the ctx3030 , and minelab are well known at keeping secrets to themselves on detector development , so when the new replacement is on the market for sale will this make the equinox 800 an old dinosaur , also would appreciate any settings advice on the ctx . so please lets have more positive feedback from ctx users .:hello2:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
might get more answers here
Beach and Shallow Water

Hi i am a fellow detectorist from the uk who mainly detects beaches on the south coast with reasonable success , after reading many interesting feedbacks from fellow american detectorist discussing the advantages of the equinox 800 over the ctx3030 , i do agree that the equinox 800 wins hands down on weight and simplicity , but it does confuse me saying the 800 has a faster recovery speed :icon_scratch:, does this mean it has a better processor and does this mean the ctx is an old dinosaur of a detector , i dare say minelab are in developing the new detector to succeed the ctx3030 , and minelab are well known at keeping secrets to themselves on detector development , so when the new replacement is on the market for sale will this make the equinox 800 an old dinosaur , also would appreciate any settings advice on the ctx . so please lets have more positive feedback from ctx users .:hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread