Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't worry about any "performance" difference. Push on cable connector just means yours is older.
What serial number inside battery compartment ?

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting.
Mine has all black on the display but it also has a screw on connector.
Actually, it's a push on with a screw on chrome collar/lock. I guess that's not considered "push on". Or is it??

I saw a video of an earlier model that has only one all metal mode rather than two (A1 & A2) like mine does. On the earlier ones. The third mode is "pinpoint", which mine has, but not as a separate mode. Mine jumps to pinpoint when I hit the pinpoint button.

Mine also has two headphone jacks (1/4" & 1/8") and I've read where some models have only one.

How many dang versions did they make of these things anyway??

OP
OP
O

Osage

Aug 28, 2006
Interesting.
Mine has all black on the display but it also has a screw on connector.
Actually, it's a push on with a screw on chrome collar/lock. I guess that's not considered "push on". Or is it??

I saw a video of an earlier model that has only one all metal mode rather than two (A1 & A2) like mine does. On the earlier ones. The third mode is "pinpoint", which mine has, but not as a separate mode. Mine jumps to pinpoint when I hit the pinpoint button.

Mine also has two headphone jacks (1/4" & 1/8") and I've read where some models have only one.

How many dang versions did they make of these things anyway??

Well? My headphone jack accommodates 1/4 and 1/8 . It does have all metal A1 @ A2. No chrome collar lock on mine. I read that the screw on coil cord is a little thicker and helps with EMI interference. If all else is equal I'm OK with this machine.

Thanks for helping,

Last edited:

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had push in connector Delta and now have 2 Screw in connectors i performed side by side tests and their performance is the same. The push in connector Dela 4000 however is more susceptible to EMI, so in certain areas you might have to bring the sensitivity way down. I always run my sensitivity between 11-12 in most places i don't mind digging deep. In parks i keep at factory preset and goes down to 8" on a quarter. The Delta, push in or crew in is good machine.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well? My headphone jack accommodates 1/4 and 1/8 . It does have all metal A1 @ A2. No chrome collar lock on mine. I read that the screw on coil cord is a little thicker and helps with EMI interference. If all else is equal I'm OK with this machine.

Thanks for helping,

It's definitely a good machine regardless of which one you have according to what I've read.

Even though I have the screw in connector, EMI can still be a problem in certain areas. That being said, I've never had to turn it down below 8 sens. which is the factory preset. Out in the woods I can almost always run it at 11 or 12. At that setting it picks up my digger when I'm digging a plug. It's definitely a very sensitive unit with a good reach.

It's awful hard to find a bad review on the Delta. Honestly, I haven't touched any of my other detectors since scoring my Delta. It just feels right to me, like it was made with me and my hunting style in mind. The only times I've busted out my other detectors is when I've taken kids on a hunt.

I'm sure there are better machines out these but in it's price range I don't see what more you could ask for regardless of which particular one you have. They definitely hit a home run with this one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread