New Detector - Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 - Headphones???

Benbuck6

Jan 11, 2008
GREENVILLE, MS
Detector(s) used
GARRETT 350 GTA
Got a new Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100. The volume is very low without headphones, like almost undetectable...I really have to watch the screen for changes. I went to Radio Shack and bought some headphones that fit the jack. When I plug them in the power shuts off...I was trying to get something off the shelf at a store locally so I don't have to wait for headphones from manufacturer to come in...Suggestions?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you saying detector turns off or you no longer hear threshold on external speakers? When you plug in headsets you will not hear the external speakers, only the headset speakers..

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
― James Madison
The Constitution of the United States of America

OP
OP
Benbuck6

Benbuck6

Jan 11, 2008
GREENVILLE, MS
Detector(s) used
GARRETT 350 GTA
the screen goes blank as if all power is off. I have never MD with headphones so I guess I am going off what I "think " should happen - maybe bad batteries, looking at youtube video...it appears the "New" batteries I put in may not be so "new"

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the screen goes blank as if all power is off. I have never MD with headphones so I guess I am going off what I "think " should happen - maybe bad batteries, looking at youtube video...it appears the "New" batteries I put in may not be so "new"

Anytime you have issue with detector always check batteries first, bad batteries can cause lots of issues...

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
― James Madison
The Constitution of the United States of America

OP
OP
Benbuck6

Benbuck6

Jan 11, 2008
GREENVILLE, MS
Detector(s) used
GARRETT 350 GTA
put a piece of folded paper on back of battery cover to close any space between contact points...problem fixed. Loud signal w/o headphones and headphones work perfectly now.

crssedup

Greenie
Jan 19, 2015
SC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 1100, Bounty hunter 3300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a BH 1100 and have no problems hearing the tones. I use ear buds and a 1/4 inch adapter. No volume but the tones are clear. Good luck out there

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread