New Detector Came In!!!!

Wildfirefighter72

Jan 14, 2007
Colorado
Hi all,

I am a newbie to this hobby and thanks to a lot of you I decided to purchase an ACE 250. It came in today UPS. Just waiting around the house today for UPS to drop it off was the longest day ever... But well worth the wait! I watched the video and within minutes I was out in my yard with my headlamp finding everything and anything I could!

I had seen in some other post that the ACE 250 was hard to pinpoint targets. Well no problems here. I purchased a bulb planter from wal-mart and every target I dug, it was in the plug. Awesome little detector! Below is my first ever finds with a MD. I was out in the yard for about 20 minutes.

Attachments

• MD Finds 002.jpg
    MD Finds 002.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 790
Upvote 0

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
That's good practice. Pinpointing targets and digging plugs are important. Plus you're learning how these different
metals and shapes sound and read on the machine.

Congratulations on your new Ace50. Good luck with it!

Ridley

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gonna get me an ACE soon, Fossis...................

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent choice and a good first day!

HH
-GC

mountainplayer

Oct 10, 2006
Way Northern California
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 & Minelab EX2
Good choice of machine. I also bought the Ace250 after reading advice from TNet members. I love the machine, but have to admit I'm one of those who had some problems pinpointing the deeper targets. Practice and advice from some of the experienced guys helped me get over this.

You're off to a great start, and the coins are just around the corner.

MP

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hello, & welcome to the forum...
Yards are usually pretty full of trash, so finding anything in them is a step in the right direction...
Good luck with the new machine, & Happy hunting~

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome and what fun you are going to have!
I have the ace and love it! Pinpointing sometimes work for me, sometimes doesn't figured with more practice I would get it down. Good LUCK

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum! That Ace 250 is a nice machine with great reviews. I have a friend who has done well with it. Get coil covers for the coils, they are worth the few bucks and will protect your coil, you will bang it no matter how careful you are. HH and looking forward to your posts, Mike

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the new ACE - I'm sure it won't let you down, I've read many good comments from their users here on Treasure Net.

Thanks for sharing the finds, but I wouldn't carry that bullet around in my pocket :D

Happy Hunting / Night Stalker

~

D

dugupfinds

Welcome to Tnet from the good old UK. ;D

May all your digs be gold ;)

detector de metales

Oct 12, 2006
Madison, Wisconsin
Stormtrooper154 said:
WTG, The coins will be coming!!!! Nice .22 bullet, make sure you get rid of it the right way ;D

You mean smacking it on the rim isn't a good way??? LOL Nice finds! Welcome to the forum! I've picked a .22 in about the state. If you look at the casing you can usually date them.. Happy Hunting!

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
congrats on the new machine. you are gonna love that ace! ;)

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You wasted no time getting out with your new toy...you did good considering your 1st time out! The best is yet to come...have patience and your Ace will award you greatly. Good luck and HH! ;D

;) RR

Old Tom

Aug 4, 2006
Milton, Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Surfmaster PI, Eagle Spectrum, Fisher 1235-X, 1280-X
Welcome to the hobby.

Now bite the bullet and get back out there .. I bet there are coins in your yard also

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the new MD WildFire. Good luck and post those finds.

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I'll be getting an Ace 250 soon too! I can hardly wait. Congrats on your first finds! I'm sure alot of TNetters are chuckling at them......we all found the same stuff first time out! Welcome to the forum and I look forward to seeing your future finds!

HH,
Moon

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your finds. Thanks for posting the pictures. I know you will have great success with the
ACE 250. Keep us posted come this spring, we want to see all your finds. By the way, thats a good idea, taking the trash out, you won't have to dig it the next time.

Good Luck and HH, Ringfinder

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread