AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using the AT Pro for about years now and quite like it, so that would be my suggestion.

However if you aren't happy with the Ace250, you should look at the reasons why?

Maybe a change of brand would be good for you, although I don't know if you want to learn a whole new manufacturer or not?

I guess it also comes down to price and what you want to pay?

I know that the AT Pro is waterproof to 10', but I don't think the 705 is?

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
imo, ATP unless you want to go Minelab, then either a Safari or CTX depending on your budget.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumright:

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I would say AT PRO or Teknetics T2, the T2 SE is very powerful with boost mode if it is in your budget. I have been using my T2 since 2014 and am not thinking of upgrading, I even have a second one for backup, or to let a friend use if they want to metal detect with me.

Last edited:

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get the AT Pro. You are used to the ergonomics, feel, layout, and weight of the machine. Plus, it's a great unit.

OP
OP
N

newyorker518

Mar 2, 2017
upstate new york
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the the input i am gonna have to do some more research i think .... i like that the at pro is waterproof for doing creeks and streams any and all input welcomed

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
From what I hear At Pro is one of the best machines out there, good price and will do all what most people want. I was torn between getting the AT pro and T2, only reason I chose the T2 was due to hearing that it was very good on relics. I heard the At Pro is probably around equal though, very good metal detector. I was told the AT works great in All Terrain, hence the name, AT PRO.

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
I recommend selling your car and buying a CTX3030.

I found more old silver in the last year than 5 years prior combined.

Sweet machine. Ride the bus.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I recommend selling your car and buying a CTX3030.

Don't sell your car, put all your money in one stock and hope it pays off, worked for me atleast, now I am rich I recommend it to everyone. :) Since when has there ever been a problem with putting all your money in stocks, ever. :laughing7:

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
The Great Depression was fake news media, in case anyone was going to use that as a point.

I was going to, you beat me to it. :laughing7:

Seriously, one comment on the OP's question is that the 705 is a much better machine with the 10"DD coil.

In case the OP is still listening.

I bet he just drove down to CarMax to off his ride...

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I was going to, you beat me to it. :laughing7:

Seriously, one comment on the OP's question is that the 705 is a much better machine with the 10"DD coil.

In case the OP is still listening.

I bet he just drove down to CarMax to off his ride...

Yup, I heard that the 705 is better with the 10" DD coil, just be careful to get a good one, preferably from Minelab, I had an experience of getting a 15" DD coil that was so heavy it hurt me arm after 15 minutes. I will try to use it sometime though, I guess I will just have to get used to it.

At least if he sold his car already, he is getting something much more important in exchange for it.

Mintberrycrunch

Mar 13, 2016
Michigan
Detector(s) used
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the sake of not starting another thread on the same topic. I paid off my atp sold $600 in gold I found with it wish I wouldn't have had to but it's what I told the boss lady. Other than the 3030 what is a good step up? Or wait until I stack enough gold to get the 30/30? Also I learned to detect on a coin master 6000d ran it wide open in all metal no disc so if it just has different tones and no numbers that's fine the 6000 was just one tone for everything. Wireless headphones are a must though

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For the sake of not starting another thread on the same topic. I paid off my atp sold $600 in gold I found with it wish I wouldn't have had to but it's what I told the boss lady. Other than the 3030 what is a good step up? Or wait until I stack enough gold to get the 30/30? Also I learned to detect on a coin master 6000d ran it wide open in all metal no disc so if it just has different tones and no numbers that's fine the 6000 was just one tone for everything. Wireless headphones are a must though

If the CTX is even a remote want for you, then ABSOLUTELY save up for it. It wont disappoint if you do your part.
(I too had a Coinmaster 6000; very good machine in it s day)

OP
OP
N

newyorker518

Mar 2, 2017
upstate new york
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haha ill be homeless if i buy a ctx3030 let alone car less , on a better note my dad picked up a whites v3 spectra at a estate sale with 3 coils and pin pointer for 100 bucks ... nice score so ill have to upgrade mine now for sure

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ATP would be a good upgrade. You still have to be swinging over the good stuff to dig anything good no matter what you swing. In the last 6 weeks, with an A250, I've found 14 silver coins, 2 IHPs, 48 wheats, flat buttons dating to 1829 and early 1900's silver jewelry, mostly found on my lunch hour or random couple hour hunts on weekends with no snow or ice. Research, research, research and being one with your detector is key for me good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread