NEW DETECTOR NAMING COMPETITION.

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found this press image over on a UK forum...
Chartreuse!

e3a60410b0a5e70ada2f82376ef698f5.jpg

I typically like subdued colors - but this looks pretty sharp!

~Tejaas~

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it looks pretty sweet.

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe it is a case where they are delaying product releases? This naming convention "contest" is certainly past deadline given at the beginning.

And why?

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I won it, they haven't let me know yet..;》

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Maybe it is a case where they are delaying product releases? This naming convention "contest" is certainly past deadline given at the beginning.

And why?

Your probably right, the delay is probably connected somehow to the unveiling of the machine at the DEMA show in Florida starting on the 4th of this month. Maybe they are going to announce the new name in front of attendees as a youtube video/live-stream/podcast or whatever.

Giving away 6 brand-new detectors in front of a crowd would be a great way to display company generosity and perhaps create a following among those who are interested in good customer service/support?

~Tejaas~

Last edited:

mjphoto54

Jun 17, 2013
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Omega 8000, Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I seen that show date recently and I'd say you are right. (at least I hope you are).

bigboar

Mar 3, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer, Minelab Go-Find 40
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
actually if you go to the uk mdf forum (link in deteknix original post here) that forum has already announced their winner which is "Conquest". its in the "other detector brands section. I think someone stated the forum in france announced their winner also. I guess it just hasnt gotten to this forums winner yet. Patience and good luck to all!!(even though Scavenger AT is going to win it....lol j/k)

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
actually if you go to the uk mdf forum (link in deteknix original post here) that forum has already announced their winner which is "Conquest". its in the "other detector brands section. I think someone stated the forum in france announced their winner also. I guess it just hasnt gotten to this forums winner yet. Patience and good luck to all!!(even though Scavenger AT is going to win it....lol j/k)

Aw man,

"Scavenger" - thats a good one!

I thought about "Salvager" after i had already submitted my 3 too, haha.

~Tejaas~

bigboar

Mar 3, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer, Minelab Go-Find 40
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aw man,

"Scavenger" - thats a good one!

I thought about "Salvager" after i had already submitted my 3 too, haha.

~Tejaas~

Thanks T... I had that name stuck in my mind for a detector for quite a while and when I saw this contest I couldnt believe I could actually give it a shot for a machine to possibly get the name. I thought it had a good ring to it....there are many good ones though so I am figuring my chances are pretty slim..

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I won :hello2:

and then I woke up ....:censored:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmmmm...
And here it is... Nov 2 and no word yet ?

LilMikey

Jun 16, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, I was looking at the German MDF to see if there was an announcement about the contest since the UK and possibly French Forums had announced.
I don't speak German but I can cut and paste into a translator to get the gist that the Germans say Deteknix turned the task of picking the winners over to the forum Admins and Mods. It looks like at least one mod refused to help pick because he was entered. lots of discussion ther, 6 pages of posts in just a few hours. I don't have a horse in the TNet race because I wasn't signed up with TNet in time, but I did enter by e-mail directly to Deteknix. Maybe someone that reads German can follow the link in the first post of this thread and tell me if I got it wrong. Can a mod tell us if they are actually doing the picking?

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There goes my chance.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since the European forums have announced 3 of the 6 winners, one can only assume that Deteknix is struggling to decide the actual winner from the 3 finalists on THIS forum.

(how's that for optimism?) :laughing7:

LilMikey

Jun 16, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since the European forums have announced 3 of the 6 winners, one can only assume that Deteknix is struggling to decide the actual winner from the 3 finalists on THIS forum.

(how's that for optimism?) :laughing7:

Entries were also allowed directly to Deteknix via e-mail for those that did not meet the forum entry criteria.

You had to be registered on the forum before 1st July 2015. How is that going to work? :dontknow:

mjphoto54

Jun 17, 2013
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Omega 8000, Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who'd have guess picking 6 winners would be this hard. I already had 3 picked weeks ago!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread