New detector old spot. Concentric vs. DD

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
So my finds with my new Explorer have been OK but no old coins to speak of yet. All the properties I've been to since receiving it have been new spots so I may just not be in the right areas.

I decided to hit a spot that I hit hard in the past with my Prizm with the 8 inch concentric coil. This was an area I was working about a year ago, and working it very hard. Gridding the area, moving in two directions, and greatly overlapping the coil.

Today I hit it at lunch, just casually swinging along, not concentrating on overlapping, probably going too fast. As you can see from the picture, going over old spots with this machine is going to be like Christmas all over :tongue3:

The finds were all 8+ inches. I can just picture the top of the cone field of the concentric coil cutting lines between or even not reaching these finds that the DD field did not miss. Still working on my pinpointing a bit but its getting there. That being said I still need to get a smaller coil for this machine for trashy areas, of which I have many.

The old silver still eludes me, just need to swing the coil in the right spots.

Thanks for looking and HH.

:icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• IMG_0243.JPG
    IMG_0243.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 387
Upvote 0
F

Felinepeachy

You did great!! I would rather find that Eagle button over a coin any day.

OP
OP
BobinSouthVA

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Felinepeachy said:
You did great!! I would rather find that Eagle button over a coin any day.

Thanks FP, and I agree, those buttons are right up there and love finding them.

OP
OP
BobinSouthVA

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Woodland Detectors said:
Great deep saves Bob! :hello:

Thanks, they were tough to get. The roots in this field are deep and tough. some sort of viney plants or shrubs. one of the reasons I've been avoiding it :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread