New detector on the way!

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all I don't post much but I am happy. I ordered a new Delta 4000 from teknetics. I am excited as my brother has had really nice luck with his omega 8000 in the areas we hunt.

Ordered it from a dealer on here. After being told a pinpointer i wanted from a national dealer was gonna cost $16.00 to ship, I decided to support dealers here on this board.

Anyways I am going from a gtax 550 garrett, which i had some luck with, but the bell tone is something I can no longer tolerate. Next purchase is a pro pointer!

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Best of luck mate. :)

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
I used to have a Delta 4000, it's an okay machine, good depth, good readings, but it wasn't good at discriminating iron, and had many false beeps, quite unstable. But it's not a bad detector.

brucebob

Jun 14, 2011
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
I've had my Delta 4000 for almost a month now and I've been pleased with it. I'm new to detecting and I read everywhere that the Delta 4000 was the best entry level machine. So far I've only found clad coins but I haven't gotten to go out a ton since my wife and I have a 6 week old baby :)

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
brucebob said:
I'm new to detecting and I read everywhere that the Delta 4000 was the best entry level machine.

I am going to have to disagree with that, while it's a nice detector, it has it's problems. I think the best entry level detector is Tesoro Silver Umax.
I've tried 9 or 10 entry level detectors and this has far outshined the rest.

desert dog

Oct 27, 2009
kingman az
Detector(s) used
new coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have a delta 400 and i have found 3 gold ring
with my delta it a good detector :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Attachments

• DELTA-faceplate.jpg
    DELTA-faceplate.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 142

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
DESERT DOG said:

That is based on luck, not how good the detector functions.

Was the VDI correct? what range from it? what was actual depth compared to reported depth? What about pinpointing? how precise was it?

No matter what you find, it doesn't make the detector good.

OP
OP
ryaan21

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am confident I will be happy with it. I have tried other detectors as well and the cost of this for all of its functions is what sold me. That and the performance I have seen from the teknetics 8000 my brother swings.

My garrett will be sold to fund more equipment.

I have seen tesoros in action and they seem ok. Lack of a pinpoint button on most of their detectors is what steered me clear of them. Sure it is not needed but I like it.

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Pinpoint feature is completely worthless, I tried it and it never worked correctly. The Tesoro is built where you do an X mark and you found your target.

OP
OP
ryaan21

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Odd all the pinpointing features i have used have been decent. I want a pro pointer though for those ones ya just cnt locate.

brucebob

Jun 14, 2011
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
relichunters said:
DESERT DOG said:

Was the VDI correct? what range from it? what was actual depth compared to reported depth? What about pinpointing? how precise was it?

Haha, you're really saying that finding 3 gold rings was just luck? Their detector did what it is supposed to do, find metal.. Anyways, we are just sharing our experience with the metal detector we currently have. That's cool that you are sharing your experience with the Delta 4000 but you don't need to put down someone's finds and say finding 3 gold rings was just luck.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
brucebob said:
relichunters said:
DESERT DOG said:

Haha, you're really saying that finding 3 gold rings was just luck? Their detector did what it is supposed to do, find metal.. Anyways, we are just sharing our experience with the metal detector we currently have. That's cool that you are sharing your experience with the Delta 4000 but you don't need to put down someone's finds and say finding 3 gold rings was just luck.

I have never used the Delta 4000 so I can't comment on it's performance one way or another, but what we find with any detector is at least 50% luck, I have given my wife many gold rings of which at least 6 are diamond rings I found and it is was luck I found them, if we don't get a coil over a nice target we are not going to find it.

What makes a detector good or reliable isn't just that it can find metal, a $29.99 toy detector finds metal, it is how all the additional features and options on the detector works. How well is it built, how accurate is the pinpoint, how accurate is the screen if it has one, how stable is it in adverse conditions, how deep does it reach, can it tell you if the target is iron or ferrous, how good are all the other features it has on it......

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
often what some folks see as "dumb" luck is often actually fine metal detecting skills at work :wink:-- knowing just the 'right place " to go looking for lost rings --because some places are just more "likely" to cause ring loss than others * -- once at the "right place" , knowing how to read the land and figger out --high traffic useage areas --thus finding the "right spot /area" to hunt at the "right place" --knowing how to read /use your machine properly to sort trash from treasure * -- and of course being a bit "lucky" never hurts -- but for the most part being a successful metal detecorist --is often more skill than luck.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
often what some folks see as "dumb" luck is often actually fine metal detecting skills at work :wink:-- knowing just the 'right place " to go looking for lost rings --because some places are just more "likely" to cause ring loss than others * -- once at the "right place" , knowing how to read the land and figger out --high traffic useage areas --thus finding the "right spot /area" to hunt at the "right place" --knowing how to read /use your machine properly to sort trash from treasure * -- and of course being a bit "lucky" never hurts -- but for the most part being a successful metal detecorist --is often more skill than luck.

Ivan your correct, research is very important, as it reading the land or beach and knowing where the best placees are to hunt at the location your hunting to give you the best chance to find something good.......I have a lot of experience on beach hunting, I check the web cams of the beaches I hunt to se where the crowds are, I look at the crowds when I arrive, I hunt the zones, I read the water for holes under the water, and look for low areas and cuts in the wet sand,

BUT, if you don't get your coil over the gold your not going to find it.... I still feel each ring I find was at least 50% luck......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread