New Detector

LX Kid

Jul 14, 2009
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, M/Lab Xtera-70, B/Hunter ID , Tesoro Stingray II, Tesoro Tiger Shark, MXT, Eagle II SL, + Others
I bought one several years ago on a whim and "hated" it. It was a "toy" and couldn't believe I could have bought it. Now that being said they may have come a long way since then! Hope that someone will post their feeling on new models. My opinion is, "You pay less you get less!" Good luck

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
if you have to ask if it's any good, you haven't done your research into finding a quality MD
who is the parent co. of that machine ?
where is made ?
who performs service on this machine ?
what is the warranty ?
does it work ?
have you seen or talked to others who have used one ?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time is the on your side if you wrap this around a tree in the woods and walk away and don't look back. You already have a couple nice detectors in the Garrett and Minelab. But somewhere down the line we have all bought something that didn't work to expectations. Sorry..........

Read my signature below.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
The answers so far are correct: It's a kid's toy. But with that said, it's also like all the elctronics of today: technology and production evolve so fast, that I bet even a toy of today, would be yester-year's top model ::) Ie.: it used to be, back in the 1970s & 80s, that a radio shack toy metal detector could scarecely find a coin 2" deep. But I bet today's "toys" probably will, in fact, find coins, rings, etc... But no, they will not be competitive if you are hunting behind other guys with better name-brand units. If you've got easy-to-find ample targets to choose from, it will work. But if you want to get serious, you'll need to upgrade.

DirtyDon

May 5, 2005
rome.NY
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Walmart has them on sale now on the internet for $49.00. That's forty nine dollars...How good can they be? One review said his lasted for just the first time he used it.........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread