Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just caught this thread in time and got it recording right now....thanks.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Show looks pretty good. A very talented proffesional cast. I think its worth watching. They are on it. :treasurechest::tchest::tchest::tchest::tchest:

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just watched it.cliffhanger ending as most usually seen on these skits.Pretty much just an introductory episode though.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thought I recognized her- she was on Animal Planet about 15 years ago with Manny Puig, they were one of the firsts doing no cage filming with sharks and alligators, the show was called Extreme Contact

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I liked was..

1. They got off the dock.
2. They were not broke down or lost the whole episode.
3. They used decent technology metal detectors and research.
4.The found something in the first show that anyone would like to find.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
should be interesting, just because of the snakes
from reading around,when the Inca and the Spanish had contact
there was prob 30k-50k snakes, now est are 4k-7k in low lying areas
so follow the bones should be able to locate treasure, prob just sitting
under the over growth
why did the Spanish haul all that gold from the west coast to the east
coast, just to leave it on a snake infested island, that the pop on the
east coast prob knew about, if its anywhere its on the E coast in the
jungle, or maybe another island close by to snake

This is the question that makes me Doubt it is buried on snake Island

30k-50k snakes then
and . The Island is Deadly now.
& today there are est 4k-7k , add Remedies, Choppers for immediate Evac to hospitals , Etc.

considering the speed this Venom supposedly takes effect.

If indeed they walked onto this island with Tons Of gold Treasure.
Odds are they never got off the shore with it. before they were all dead and rotting away from the venom.

with a little more Padding on the arms and legs . (more padding from the Neck Down Actually)
I would go on the island like this

F8S8HJ8HE080J3O.LARGE.jpg

I enjoyed the first episode so far.

Except the pirate paranoia drama as soon as they saw a Ship of course.

& what do they mean the Coast guard won't be seen ?
Are they afraid of Pirates too, In Bed with them ? , Or is it out of their Territory ?
& if it is out of their territory, Then they should be able to be armed to the teeth.
if no law & order there :icon_scratch:

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I liked was..

1. They got off the dock.
2. They were not broke down or lost the whole episode.
3. They used decent technology metal detectors and research.
4.The found something in the first show that anyone would like to find.

:thumbsup:

yep so far looks like this will be my favorite show for awhile :thumbsup:

I would have found a way To get that anchor :laughing7:
but I guess legally they can't take it anyway.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They said if was against the law for them to be armed and am sure they are in someones waters with permits. I also thought I recognized the girl diver. She is very pleasant on the lens for sure.
My favorite at the moment. They did more in one episode than all the others shows together.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I didn't realize this thread was here, so I posted a new one about watching snake island. I'm going to post my remarks here also, which seems to me like a more appropriate place for them than my thread. I watched the show, and here are my remarks.
I watched the show last evening, and I'll admit I was dozing off, usually when a commercial came on. Over all it was pretty good. Snake island is a unique looking island off Brazil, and of course there has to be some drama, so they are in danger of real life pirates, and they had to use sonar to find a wreck, so in the first episode they didn't get ashore. But they did find a wreck complete with cannon, and anchor, and they were doing a little dredging on that wreck. First episode they didn't dredge up anything exciting. The story line is they had to find a 400 year old wreck as proof that they might find something ashore. What ever, I guess they need some sort of story. The scenes showing the wreck and the cannons were cool. All that said, the bloody island is loaded with pit vipers, and I don't know if I'll be able to watch when they go ashore, because you know they will have close encounters with the snakes. I mean, after all, it's TV. There isn't enough Inca gold on that island to get me to go there, I don't associate well with snakes. Especially with pit vipers that if they bite you, it will make your eyes bleed. The show kind of reminds me of movie serials from my childhood. They always had several men and one pretty girl that would invariably get in trouble and have to be rescued. So My guess is that the lone pretty girl on snake island will be wearing a bikini while all the guys are wearing snake leggins. But what do I know. Over all for the first episode, I liked it enough that I'll watch it next time, unless the snakes bother me to much.

Last edited:

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yep wouldn't step foot on that Island! Three top hee bee gee bee things on the planet are Snakes, Clowns, and Monkeys in that order. Everything else is managable.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I won't be worried for them as I watch the Show though.

As mentioned early on by frankie , if anything other then snakes was found.
if they were captured by Pirates Or bitten by pit vipers,
AP news would have had a field day by now telling what happened to them or the Camera crew
during filming.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I enjoyed the scenery.

This appears to be another treasure show that is just as good with the sound off as on.

It's a cookie cutter script, lot's of retakes, do-overs, edits and replays.

So... I'll enjoy watching it as long as it's raining outside, with the sound down low.

(insert dramatic sound effects here) Oh-oh, boat in the distance. Pirates, we're all about to die. ~fade to black~ (Insert dramatic sound effects here)

Spoiler alert*

It's not pirates and they don't die. They don't get snake bit and all end up in the hospital or morgue, or arrested and cast off to a far away dark damp prison somewhere south of the jungle...

Otherwise there would not be a next episode.

da da da daaaaaaaaaaauuuummmm

Last edited:

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like an interesting show, but they don't have any real evidence that the gold is there.

A map surfaced years ago.......sounds familiar.

The story they told was that the Spanish teamed up with a large army of natives, conquered some other natives and took all their gold. On the way back, the natives turned on the Spanish, wiped them out, and took the treasure.

That is easy enough to believe, but what gets sketchy, is when the Natives returned home after wiping out their enemies, and the great Spanish group, they suddenly became scared, and thought they should hide the gold......so I guess they loaded tons of gold into their dug-out canoes, and paddled out to a snake infested island to hide it, instead of hiding it close to their village where they could keep an eye on it.

I'll watch it, but if they would have found what they claim they are after, we would have heard about it, or they would have just chucked the cameras in the ocean....I think a tv show would become pointless when you have hundreds of millions.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there was also many years before laws were invented to baby sit people from
going to the island and risking their lives .

during those years, nobody had to answer to anybody.

so If a treasure was found back then, CNN wouldn't have heard the rumors.

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's ok, but if there's 6 episodes it may get a tad boring, they're just gonna keep the repetition going for each "new" development along the way.

My money's on the Brazilian coast guard already discovered the treasure, being the only ones with unrestricted access, unless you count the pirates.
Maybe if the treasure hunters spoke the language of the natives, AKA: Golden Lance pit vipers, they could find treasure if it's even there.
So far it's entertaining and not too silly...yet.

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watching the rerun now. I don't understand why he paid for a musket ball that was alleged to have come from a ship wreck when I didn't see where any proof of that was offered. For all I know it could have been dropped or washed up on the beach. I also don't understand why they had to find a 15th. century ship wreck to prove that their was a possibility that their was 15th. century ships there. I mean couldn't the ships have come and gone without sinking?
But I'll give it a chance on the entertainment value alone and like most on this site I'm all about the treasure!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watching the rerun now. I don't understand why he paid for a musket ball that was alleged to have come from a ship wreck when I didn't see where any proof of that was offered. For all I know it could have been dropped or washed up on the beach. I also don't understand why they had to find a 15th. century ship wreck to prove that their was a possibility that their was 15th. century ships there. I mean couldn't the ships have come and gone without sinking?
But I'll give it a chance on the entertainment value alone and like most on this site I'm all about the treasure!

I didn't know they paid for the Musket Ball.

My understanding the Man with the Musket ball said he found it
while diving on a ship wreck off Snake Island & told him where to look.
This is why it was so easy for them to locate the Anchor. because they already Knew where to look for it
before diving.

as for "Why" they had to find a 15th. century ship wreck.......?....
they are Treasure Hunters and the Producers & Viewers Like Eye Candy.

add to that.. it's pretty much same reason
the contestants on Survivor have to search for immunity idols,
compete for prizes and stab each other in the back. drama

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions