Ozzys_Angel

Mar 3, 2008
Jackson, MI
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bridge End Farm said:
very cute how she getting along with her bigger buddies?

Shes getting along great with the other dogs. She has become the leader of the pack.

metal chick

Mar 25, 2008
She is BEAUTIFUL!! I love Pit Bulls and also have one. I do dog boarding and have cared for many different breeds of dogs, but Pitties are still my absolute favorite. Where did you get her from?

Here is my Elmer - he was a rescue dog. Teenagers poured hot glue on his front paws when he was just 4 weeks old - you can see the scars (pink spots on his front feet):

elmersleep2.jpg

elmersleep.jpg

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
metal chick said:
She is BEAUTIFUL!! I love Pit Bulls and also have one. I do dog boarding and have cared for many different breeds of dogs, but Pitties are still my absolute favorite. Where did you get her from?

Here is my Elmer - he was a rescue dog. Teenagers poured hot glue on his front paws when he was just 4 weeks old - you can see the scars (pink spots on his front feet):

elmersleep2.jpg

elmersleep.jpg

Poor baby. Did he come through it okay? I mean, he looks good, but does he have any psychological damage from those rotten little kids?

As an aside, I rescued a Chihuahua about a year ago that had been covered with rubber cement and glitter. He was starved and stoned out of his mind from the glue when we found him. Happy and healthy today, though!

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh what cute puppies, both of em.. :thumbsup:

metal chick

Mar 25, 2008
733 - Elmer doesn't seem to have any recollection of what happened to him. He is extremely loving, and since I got him at about 9 weeks old, he was raised to be friendly and loves all people and dogs. All the dogs that come to my cage-free boarding facility get along with each other and Elmer has fun with everyone that stays with us. BTW - the rescue lady named him Elmer because of the glue poured on his paws. I thought it was a cute name and fitting, so I kept it. :)

And good for you for rescuing that Chihuahua!! I think anyone that rescues a dog is a hero, because if left where they were, these dogs would have a miserable life and you gave yours a second chance and a happy life. :)

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
metal chick said:
733 - Elmer doesn't seem to have any recollection of what happened to him. He is extremely loving, and since I got him at about 9 weeks old, he was raised to be friendly and loves all people and dogs. All the dogs that come to my cage-free boarding facility get along with each other and Elmer has fun with everyone that stays with us. BTW - the rescue lady named him Elmer because of the glue poured on his paws. I thought it was a cute name and fitting, so I kept it. :)

And good for you for rescuing that Chihuahua!! I think anyone that rescues a dog is a hero, because if left where they were, these dogs would have a miserable life and you gave yours a second chance and a happy life. :)

Well good to you to for having a shelter! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

My wife and I have sort of the same thing. We actually have 18 dogs, all of which were either strays or were being mistreated. All of the ones we keep are "special needs" meaning they have some sort of ailment; blind, lame, beaten to the point they fear all people, that sort of thing. We find homes for all the healthy dogs, and all we find are spayed, neutered, have their shots, etc.

Gotta love our furry little friends!

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Ozzys and everyone else,
Here's our 'other part' of our family
Son No.1 rescued her from the council pound where he worked voluntarily, a few years ago.
Puggi.1.JPG

Puggi is very clever; we think she is probably Staffordshire Terrior along with the Pug bits and pieces.

Mike

metal chick

Mar 25, 2008
Awwww....Puggi is so cute! Looks a little bit like a Pugle, but can definitely see Staffie parts :)

Oh, and I don't run a shelter - my goodness, that's a very hard thing to do, lol, I run a boarding facility, which is also hard work, but probably much easier than running a shelter. Those people are angels!

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
metal chick said:

how does one raise a dog to be friendly?

OP
OP
Ozzys_Angel

Ozzys_Angel

Mar 3, 2008
Jackson, MI
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
metal chick said:

elmersleep2.jpg

elmersleep.jpg
Hes so handsome! and thank you. I got Taska from a breeder, she was the only blue out of the litter of 12. Heres a pic of her mother and father.

Attachments

• dre.jpg
    dre.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 149
  • kyra1.jpg
    kyra1.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 126

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had meant to say before, how cool Taska looks.
Now I can say -
She sure looks well bred, by the look of her parents.

Here in NZ, unfortunately, the breed has been involved in incidents.
In My Considered Opinion, the problem is and always has been, the so-called 'dog owners' .
That's a SAD word for some people; who are probably less 'honest' ::) than Puggi ;D

Mike

metal chick

Mar 25, 2008
Bridge End - I responded to your PM :) Let me know if you didn't get it.

Wow - those parents are AWESOME looking!! I can see now why she's such a good looking dog. When it comes time for me to get another one, I may have to contact you for info on that breeder. I've always wanted a "blue" Pit Bull. Just georgeous... :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread