New Dump Bank---VERY FRIENDLY !

Daniel964

Jan 25, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Got an account at my new bank yesterday and stopped at one of their only six branches and dumped $4,000 in halves and pennies. Asked if their would be a problem running that many through and they said I can run as many as I want to whenever I want to.

Whats great is all six of these banks have a coin counter for use at no charge even if you don't have an account. I told them I run five to ten thousand dollars a week through the coin counters and it didn't even phase them.

I told my newbank my old banks counters were ancient and slow and if I was going to use theirs I was going to be a customer and start depositing my money with them even though I didn't have to be a customer to use their counters. They thought that was great.

Whats even better is their hours. M-F 7AM-7PM Sat-8AM-4PM and sunday 11AM-3pm. All branches have the same hours and the coin counter is open all their hours.

Am I lucky or what. ;D

Upvote 0

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
placerman said:
What bank is it?

I might drive up there just to do business with them....lol

Uh, oh should of shhhhhhhh....... ed it, now everyone will be going there to DUMP, including me; Thanks for tip in advance.

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
sounds like a TD bank, but their counters don't hold much so can't be, did you need like 4 bag changes?

quick-silver

Feb 26, 2009
NY
d2arcing said:
sounds like a TD bank, but their counters don't hold much so can't be, did you need like 4 bag changes?

i agree...make sure you check that reject shoot, found plenty of odds and ends in there, including lots of silver and foreign coins

OP
OP
D

Daniel964

Jan 25, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
d2arcing said:

Yes the half bags only hold a thousand dollars. Gonna dump $1,500 at another branch Tuesday PM.

joad

Apr 15, 2009
East Coast
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Believe me, it will get old real quick when they have to change out bags everytime you use the machine. I only hit the bag counters about once every month or two.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I hit my dump bank twice a week, and they are still VERY friendly. They are glad I came in, talk to me about personal things, take all bags I fill with smiles, and always say I can come in as often as I want. The only thing they ask of me (And you might want to make note of this too) is to NOT dump on Saturday or Sunday. They are short staffed, and taking a teller off the line on those days is an issue with them. So I dump on Monday anything I did over the weekend, and they are FINE with it.

Have been for over a year.

And they have numerous branches, but when I've gone to other branches my home branch tells me that is silly, as they will take all I give them, no hassles. I still do that at times, but always a great bank to work with.

:-)

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
Yes the half bags only hold a thousand dollars. Gonna dump $1,500 at another branch Tuesday PM
i use TD also....however here in Philly most only take $100 at a time to fill a bag. only found one that took $300. never saw one that took a whole $1000. are the tellers there Amazonian? :laughing7:

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just called two local banks and they have no coin machine to dump loose coins in. They only take roll change if you deposit it. One bank had a dream something machine, but it charges 4.9 cents a dollar, they said it is not their machine. I will keep searching, it is semi rural here.

markmopar

Feb 15, 2008
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mistergee said:
i use TD also....however here in Philly most only take $100 at a time to fill a bag. only found one that took $300. never saw one that took a whole $1000. are the tellers there Amazonian? :laughing7:

Down here in south Jersey there are a few TD's that have the machines set to $500/bag. The rest are $100. One of my local branches has the machine at $100/bag, but they just reset the bag 4 more times and put in $500.
Even more silly is that they have them set at $100/bag for $1 coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread