New E-TRAC user question on loudness

Gunny71

Jan 14, 2009
Texas by Gawd
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a new E-Trac just before christmas. I have a few hours on it now and am starting to get the hang of it. I can already tell that it is going to be a nickle slayer.
Here is my problem: Its to darn loud! How can I turn down the overall volume? I am using the stock headphones, and due to the cost of the E-TRAC, will have to use them for a few more months. They have no volume control on them.
On another note, mine did not come with an arm strap in the box. Is this normal, or should there have been one? Do any of you actually use the arm strap?
Other than that, I love this new machine!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Threshold.

Back it down a Few Clicks

moonshine

Dec 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di/Pro, E-Trac
i agree, turn down your threshold to where you can barely hear it or just above that level. as for the arm strap, i never used mine and i will (most likely) never use it. i need that arm out of there every time i dig.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is a volume adjustment as well. lower the threshold volume as well.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Gunny71 said:
On another note, mine did not come with an arm strap in the box. Is this normal, or should there have been one?
Not normal.. Means problems in the shipping department... Bad QC......... Call minelab have them send you one......

OtraVez

Aug 14, 2011
Akron, OH
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gunny, I too have just gotten the machine. I found in the volume settings that you can adjust both the target volume and the constant hum (threshold) in there. They are the first two settings I think. I will PM you with a place that I learned all about these settings in videos. Hoorah and happy hunting.

Vez

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread