New E-trec

cahil_2

Apr 27, 2012
West. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab e-trac,
Garrett Pro pointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator 31 Digger, Minelab pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got a new etrec today. When I got back to my son in law's house, turned it on and tried it out. His house was built in the 70's and I found 3 memorials, and 3 wheats in a 15' by 15' area. The wheats were 6 inches deep. I was impressed. That is more wheats in a few minutes than in the last 3 weeks with my AT Pro. I think that I am going to like this machine, and don't get me wrong, I really like my AT Pro, it will now be my water machine.

Upvote 0

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a new etrec today. When I got back to my son in law's house, turned it on and tried it out. His house was built in the 70's and I found 3 memorials, and 3 wheats in a 15' by 15' area. The wheats were 6 inches deep. I was impressed. That is more wheats in a few minutes than in the last 3 weeks with my AT Pro. I think that I am going to like this machine, and don't get me wrong, I really like my AT Pro, it will now be my water machine.

Congrats on the new machine. Sounds like you'll be happy with it, but I have couple questions.

When you say more than last 3 weeks with the AT Pro, Were those weeks spent hunting the same patch of ground? Also, I'm wondering, What did the AT Pro ground balance at? 80? 90? Do you know for sure that you missed the wheats with the AT? Hunted the exact same spots? If you test the same coin with both detectors, does the E-trec see it where the AT doesn't, under controlled situation?

Why all the questions? I'm still using a 30 year old Groundhog and was thinking that there just MIGHT be some improvements made in the last 30 years. :) lol

Thinking about upgrading.

Thanks!
HH!

OP
OP
C

cahil_2

Apr 27, 2012
West. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab e-trac,
Garrett Pro pointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator 31 Digger, Minelab pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No I didn't do it under a controlled situation. No it was not the same spot for 3 weeks. I plan to do some testing though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread