New eBay shipping rates

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that they have gone into effect....OUCH. No TRS discount on first class, so my most common postage (1-3 oz) went from $2.04 to $2.60, a 27% increase!!! Honestly not the biggest deal in the world, but I did some research....

eBay Negotiated Postal Rates Disappoint Sellers

and then saw this article titled "Amazon Deal with USPS Gives Sellers Unprecedented Discounts.":

Amazon Deal with USPS Gives Sellers Unprecedented Discounts - titled

So it sounds like eBay really dropped the ball on this one and/or they are pocketing any discounts they receive.

Amazon is really starting to eat eBay's lunch! I'd consider switching but the items I sell the most I pay 6% fees to ebay (and 2.9% to paypal) and Amazon charges 15%.

Such is life I guess.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Read both articles. It looks like Amazon isn't offering any better rates for first class. That is a heck of a difference in priority costs.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do like that first-class package so is up to 16 ounces now instead of 13. That borderline one was always iffy. Now going up to 16 ounces I like. First class package of $2.60 I don't like so much. For a 3 oz, but that is the same price all the way up to 7 ounces well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions