New Eldorado, i have questions?

robbor

Aug 20, 2005
Nevada
Detector(s) used
XLT, GM3, GM4b
Hey everyone i was at the flea market yesterday and spotted a detector in a pile of garden tools. I rushed over, lol.
It was a brand new tesoro eldorado detector(umax style i guess) but it was missing the lower shaft, the coild had a nail holding it to the main shaft instead of the plastic bolt.
When i turned it it she came to life and not a single scratch on the coil. The sellers opening price was ..............$5. I didnt haggle i just bought it :dontknow::thumbsup:.
Anyways pretty funny. Now i need a lower shaft with hardware. Anyone know if a whites lower shaft will work with a smaller plastic bolt?
I did not get to check and see if it was a 4 0r 5 pin? Does tesoro make any DD coils for this unit?
Unfortunately i had to leave it in sacramento and i had to go back to nevada yesterday. Im planning on playing with it next trip after i figure out the lower shaft.
I have my goldmaster and xlt with me for now.

garrybk

Aug 30, 2012
Call tesoro, im sure they can take care of you or give you the name of a dealer who can.
Garrybk

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've used a mix of Tesoro and Whites lower shafts with no problem. Not a perfect fit, but close enough. You may (or not) need to tweak the coil bolt if the fit is off.
luvsdux

discn

Aug 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
my sixth sense and a shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The outlaw comes with shafts and coils. You prob don't want to buy another detector but all the coils (and shafts) will work on both machines.

OP
OP
R

robbor

Aug 20, 2005
Nevada
Detector(s) used
XLT, GM3, GM4b
I've used a mix of Tesoro and Whites lower shafts with no problem. Not a perfect fit, but close enough. You may (or not) need to tweak the coil bolt if the fit is off.
luvsdux

Thanks i have a whole bunch of whites lower shafts since i have 3 whites machines and probably 10 or 11 coils, lol.
I cant wait to try the eldorado. I guess the tesoro widescan coils are DD? In a few places i detect i have lots of problems with mineralization with my Whites xlt.
Im woundering if the eldorado can handle wet saltwater beach sand?

OP
OP
R

robbor

Aug 20, 2005
Nevada
Detector(s) used
XLT, GM3, GM4b
FIVE DOLLARS???!!!
Ya it was the steal of the day, lol. There were lots of deals at the flea market last weekend I really miss not living there. We came home with a car load.
I tried to bring home a goldbug2 also but they wouldn't take $120 for it lol. I laways run out of money.

wheatymike

Dec 31, 2011
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus, Compadre. Deleon.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is it a earlier one. Or, is it the later one with the small control box?

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eldorado is a horrible machine, you should probably sell it (to me) for $120 so you can get that goldbug2 :laughing7:

OP
OP
R

robbor

Aug 20, 2005
Nevada
Detector(s) used
XLT, GM3, GM4b
Id rather buy 2 more arms than get rid of a machine, lol. What do i have to lose for $5.
When i bought my first machine (gm4b) about 15+ years ago the guldbug 2 was out and i wanted one every since.
I think i should have gone with the gb2 instead of the whites

chinchilla

Dec 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, White's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Id rather buy 2 more arms than get rid of a machine, lol. What do i have to lose for $5.
When i bought my first machine (gm4b) about 15+ years ago the guldbug 2 was out and i wanted one every since.
I think i should have gone with the gb2 instead of the whites

I understand, for me is also hard to make the decision to sell a detector

paul of Penna

Feb 1, 2011
PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado umax
Garrett AT PRO
Vibrapaobe Pinpointer
Whites Classic III
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The umax eldorado used a small diameter metal bolt to hold the coil on. Get that issue straight and you have a great light manual GB detector! I have more than paid for mine many times over......not super deep, but a heck of a good discriminator and will hunt in iron very well. Don't know about salt sand.
The 9x8 concentric pinpoints great and well.....for 5 bucks, I'd let you triple your money:)
Paul

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread