New England Detectors

DetectorManX

Sep 28, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Fisher F5, Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, MI-6, Garrett Pro-Pointer I & II.
I am a first time buyer from Canada. Placed my order 1week ago, and still has an order status of "processing", not even shipped yet. Tried emailing for more info, no response. I'm not that impressed so far, good price but I expect it to be shipped a couple of days or less after payment, or at least contact me and let me know why my order has been delayed.

CurlysGold

Sep 23, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am a first time buyer from Canada. Placed my order 1week ago, and still has an order status of "processing", not even shipped yet. Tried emailing for more info, no response. I'm not that impressed so far, good price but I expect it to be shipped a couple of days or less after payment, or at least contact me and let me know why my order has been delayed.

I am suffering the same wait. I have emailed their sales department and Andrew and still no one has responded to my request for an update. I called the toll free number and the woman said someone would be calling with an update. That didn't happen either. Sooo.... maybe New England's rep on the this here forum can assist?

OP
OP
D

DetectorManX

Sep 28, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Fisher F5, Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, MI-6, Garrett Pro-Pointer I & II.
Yeah, I'm going to call today and see what the status is. I am not hanging up the phone and waiting for a call back, If it's back ordered, tell me, cant ship till December 2013?, tell me. I just want a status update! I will update the thread with my experience. I hear Andrew is a standup guy so I expect my experience will be positive after my phone call... Will update here either way.

CurlysGold

Sep 23, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got off the phone with customer service. Surprise! She couldn't give me an update but assured me that one of the sales managers would call. I'm not impressed NED. Not impressed at all.

OP
OP
D

DetectorManX

Sep 28, 2012
Detector(s) used
CurlysGold said:
I just got off the phone with customer service. Surprise! She couldn't give me an update but assured me that one of the sales managers would call. I'm not impressed NED. Not impressed at all.

Sorry to hear about that, I guess I know what I can expect when I call as well. I really don't get it at some of these companies... I don't think it is too hard to quickly send out an email saying my item is not in stock, or on back order.. Keeping people in the dark like this only puts a bad taste in their mouth and makes the company look unprofessional. I may just get a refund through PayPal, and purchase from eBay. I have never waited for longer than 5 days for something to be shipped from sellers on eBay.

I fully expect some fanboys or even Andrew himself to rush to the defense here shortly, but no matter what they say, I don't care if ten people walked into the store when was emailing or calling, it takes 30 secs max to send a quick email letting someone know the status of their order. and it should be done whenever an order is going to take longer than 2 days to ship, it really makes a difference and you will get a lot more lifetime customers just by implementing this simple practice into your business model, it can even be automated so no need to have someone manually doing it!!

As a full time web developer for over 15 years I can help you with this NED, simple things like mentioned above keep the customers happy and you will experience an explosion in return buyers, I really want to report what a positive experience I had with NED, and perhaps I still will, maybe Andrew can make this right for me, but as of right now it's looking like it may not turn out that way.

OP
OP
D

DetectorManX

Sep 28, 2012
Detector(s) used
Well, I called and they gave me the same "we'll call you back" I said I better hear back from someone within 2 days or I'm requesting a refund, he said I will hear back in a matter of hours, not days... We shall see...

CurlysGold

Sep 23, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I called again after work and spoke to a male rep who said it was a holiday so no one would call me back today. I'm asking for a refund tomorrow morning.

OP
OP
D

DetectorManX

Sep 28, 2012
Detector(s) used
I found this on their website while looking for their hours. Contact Us : New England Detectors USA, Discover the Detectorist in you It might help put you in touch with someone this morning.

Thanks for the link, I got in touch with them today, and shortly afterwards my order status was updated, was shipped out on October 5th. Sent me the tracking number as well.

Turns out the Free Shipping is only for US orders, and their order process did not add any shipping for me even though I am from Canada. So Andrew ate the shipping cost himself and sent it out anyway. That is pretty good in my opinion, I would have paid the shipping though if he had asked. So all in all.. everything worked out. Wish they would have updated my order status when it was shipped though, but the main thing is, it WAS shipped, and FREE. So I am happy with the outcome and will call before placing an order next time.

OP
OP
D

DetectorManX

Sep 28, 2012
Detector(s) used
Well got my order today.... dissapointed is not the word! My lesche digger came but no Pro-Pointer!! WOW! I am mad as hell. I called (again) to which the lady took my information (again) and promised a call back (again) I have yet to get a call back from them.. I emailed sales, and cc'd Andrew as well as opened a dispute with PayPal. I needed that pointer for this weekend!!! I can't even express how dissapointed I am. I don't know what they will do about the situation. But something better be done about this. So far this has been one of my worst shopping experiences online.

Will update as this progresses.

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the support here on Tnet,Just glanced over your site and you have some great deals on there.Im going to watch and see how things work out for DetectorManX but i will more than likely place an order with you guys in the near future.

EDIT: I have noticed most of the problems seem to be shipping related outside of the US, A common problem that occurs with alot of online vendors outside of Tnet,Im pretty sure it isnt much to worry about and they will handle your problems courteously and quickly.

HH John!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DetectorManX

Sep 28, 2012
Detector(s) used
LuckyThirteen08 said:
Thanks for the support here on Tnet,Just glanced over your site and you have some great deals on there.Im going to watch and see how things work out for DetectorManX but i will more than likely place an order with you guys in the near future.

Place your order, but don't expect any customer support, If your order is wrong or urgent I would steer clear. This will be my first and last time ordering from NED. Good thing i placed this small order before ordering my CTX 3030. Its NED's loss ultimately. If you like calling an 800 number and talking to someone that promises to call you back but never does then this is the company to buy from.

Just when I was about to change my mind, let down again. Only way I'm going to be satisfied is if Andrew overnight ships my pro pointer. I'll give this one more day then making my claim to PayPal for a refund.

CurlysGold

Sep 23, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with DetectorManX. I placed my order back on the 27th of September (the combo deal for the digger/pointer). I live in the US in Northern VA. My package was supposed to be sent Priority mail. That means it should have been delivered in two days. I contacted them twice before Columbus day and was told that someone would call me. No one did. Their telephone customer service is contracted out. Autumn, a customer service rep, was very kind and understanding and sent a message on my behalf to NED. After the holiday I found a list of all the email addresses on their website and emailed several people I thought may be able to help me. The owner did contact me Tuesday. Andrew, the owner of NED, emailed me to let me know he put out a trace with the USPS on the package. He also stated that he sent another package out to me. I still haven't received anything. I had high hopes of using the stuff I ordered on the long weekend metal detecting.

**I guess my point of all this is to warn you. I do not plan on ordering from them again. I am a patient and understanding guy but this is really testing me. I'll let you know if and when this is all resolved.

OP
OP
D

DetectorManX

Sep 28, 2012
Detector(s) used
I hope you receive your package Curly. I called again today, and asked yet again why no one is responding to my calls or emails, and the lady (at the call center) told me she would expedite my message to Andrew (again). I promptly asked well who do I get in contact with, I want a refund to which she replied there is no number I can call to get a refund and she doesn't know the steps for me to take in order to get one!! Unbelievable!! I had to get off of the phone, because my head was going to explode.

Like Curly, I am very understanding, but this type of service is inexcusable, shady, and just plain wrong. I didn't even care if my propointer is on backorder, just tell me! I have yet to speak to anyone besides the lady on the 800 number who can't do anything anyway.

I requested my refund via PayPal. At least I know the money has been removed from their account until the dispute is decided, which of course will be in my favor.

This has nothing to do with shipping to Canada, afterall, they did send out my shipment, and it was here in 6 days, too bad it only contained the $10 lesche digger and not the $127 pro-pointer I paid for. What can I do, I called 4 times with very specific messages as to the issue, and nothing. Not a call back or quick email saying "we will resolve this quickly" This has everything to do with customer service. It is non-existent at NED. I am going to spread the word about this experience I have had with them. No one should have to go through this, I feel scammed and NED will not be in business much longer with service like this. I even requested the refund minus $10 for the lesche, because I am an honest person.

Bottom line: BUYER BEWARE of New England Detectors.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are some vendors on here who do truly give great service. Edd from Treasure Mountain is great. I hear lots of good about Big Boys Hobbies and Woodland. I hope you guys wear out Tnet with the issue. If they are not going to honor their advertising etc I hope Tnet will take them off the list of supporting vendors. I am putting my 2cents in with no personal experience with them, but hate to get jerked around when I purchase something from an online vendor. Enough problems in life without that kind of bull:censored:.

You can also go down to the supporting vendors section and post your comments about their service in their thread. Members often go to the section and see comment from those who have purchased from them in the past before they make a purchase.

Last edited:

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im suprised by this, This type of sponsor will hurt all of the good forum vendors here on Tnet,Ive heard alot of good things about woodland,Bart even worked up a good deal for me on a fisher F2 that i decided later on not to purchase,Got a great deal on an Omega 8000 from Tom at Millers MDZ and he was more than a pleasure to deal with,Even included a few other goodies i didnt purchase from him all at no cost to me,This NED thing is shady at best and after reading this thread im sure i`ll do my ordering from the forum sponsors/vendors i am comfortable with.aka Miller MDZ,Big Boys Hobbies,and Woodland Detectors.

Edit:Id also like to add,even though i dont use kellyco anymore,I have used them prior to being a Tnet member and there service was always top notch.

HH John,Thanks for the heads up on NED!

master_cat

Mar 10, 2012
tennessee
Detector(s) used
fisher f75 se
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
i ordered the combo a week ago and it came in 2 days later so who knows maby its a fluke

OP
OP
D

DetectorManX

Sep 28, 2012
Detector(s) used
TNGUNS said:
There are some vendors on here who do truly give great service. Edd from Treasure Mountain is great. I hear lots of good about Big Boys Hobbies and Woodland. I hope you guys wear out Tnet with the issue. If they are not going to honor their advertising etc I hope Tnet will take them off the list of supporting vendors. I am putting my 2cents in with no personal experience with them, but hate to get jerked around when I purchase something from an online vendor. Enough problems in life without that kind of bull:censored:.

You can also go down to the supporting vendors section and post your comments about their service in their thread. Members often go to the section and see comment from those who have purchased from them in the past before they make a purchase.

This was actually posted in the supporting vendors section but all comments since we started posting about these issues were moved by tnet mods into this thread, why, I have no idea. Still no contact from NED.

OP
OP
D

DetectorManX

Sep 28, 2012
Detector(s) used
master_cat said:
i ordered the combo a week ago and it came in 2 days later so who knows maby its a fluke

A fluke? I don't think so, I've called 4 times and emailed a ton with absolutely no response, not even to my PayPal claim... There is no excuse for this. All they had to do was either refund me for the pointer or send it out, pretty simple. I was more than polite with my calls and emails, and gave them some time to resolve this. Worst experience I have ever had. I suggest members look to more reliable sponsors I hear big boys is great although no personal experience with them. I'm sure their customer service is much better than this.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can post " AT-A-Boy"s on the vendors forum I would think you could post when you are not satisfied in the same. I don't have a dog in this particular race but love the fact that on this and similar forums where the vendors are very dependent on on the members support, poor service not only hurts your business reputation but hurts your wallet as well. This concept of " we support you..You support Us" doesn't work unless feedback is allowed by the members. I hope that New England Detectors is a great bunch of folks who has just stumbled a little and will try hard to make things right.....But I am already shocked they have not jumped all over this post with " we will do better". Might want to give them a call and let them know they are going to continue getting their butt striped on this forum unless they honor their commitments. We know there is 2 sides to every story.......but when you are getting multiple members complaining with no response from the vendor makes me think they don't value their customers or Tnet members as they should. I have always tried to run my business with the concept that "If you don't take care of your customers someone else will". Again......I truly hope they are good folks and this is just a fluke.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread