New England Detectors

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are these folks still in business? On 5/31 I ordered a Sampson shovel and these charged my CC.

Their web site says "order being reviewed". No ship date or other info.

I sent and email to the address on the invoice and it was returned as undelivered.

Calls to the 800 number yesterday and today receive an automated voice mail that their telephone system is
being updated and they cannot receive calls.

Does anyone have any info? I am about ready to contest the charge and buy the shovel somewhere else.
I need the shovel as my carpal tunnel is acting up!

Tom

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari/Fisher F2/Minelab go-find 40/Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
5/31 is today, I would give them a little more time to process the order. I actually ordered a 31" sampson from them yesterday, 5/30. My order says the same as yours, being reviewed.

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They had the best deal I could find going on the tool I wanted so I don't mind waiting a few days before it ships or whatever. As long as I get what I paid for in a reasonable time it's fine.

OP
OP
T

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My take is that they are out of business. I disputed the CC charge and a day later they came back and refunded the $. I ordered somewhere else and, yes, I paid higher price. I just did not want to sit around the whole month of June waiting for a response that might never come. Or worse have them come back in 3 weeks and say they are back ordered. One could lose the whole summer season fooling around. With the ground as hard as it is my wrists and elbows were telling me that they need it now!

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think that is the case as far as them being out of business. I've read other threads here stating the products they ordered arrived before the order status ever changed from "processing" or whatever it says and they never got any emails. Their site is as basic as it gets, down to the paypal checkout. Seems like a small operation that possibly could use some more manpower, and this is the busy season for businesses that support our hobby. I'll wait it out a bit longer and update this thread with whatever happens good or bad. It would not be in the owners best interest to continue taking payments if they shut down, and it's simple enough to take the whole site offline or disable the shopping cart/checkout if they were belly up.

I understand where you are coming from though, if you need it soon paying a bit more for faster service makes sense. Hopefully I can update this thread with a pic of my new shovel rather than a story of disappointment. happy hunting all!

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
got a notification today that my payment was refunded and will be applied to my paypal account balance rather than the card I funded the transaction through paypal with, great. Now I have 57 bucks that can only be spent at sites that take paypal or I can transfer it to my bank which takes days. After the day I have had today this really is a bummer. According to their site now, they are having a "slight manufacturers delay" on the serrated sampson shovels. It would have been nice had they called or emailed me to see if I might want a different shovel they do have on hand, or if I was willing to wait for stock to come in. Pretty crappy way to handle this IMHO. Never again NED.

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
this site has the non serrated version for 63 bucks or the Mini T version for 57 bucks and free shipping on orders over 75 bucks.
Diggers

I just ordered the mini-T and a control box cover for my minelab from them. 89 bucks free shipping UPS ground or priority mail. Works out for me because I was going to get the control box cover for 30 shipped from amazon anyways and all the other sites are charging 10 bucks or more for shipping just on the shovel. Wish I had found their site the other day before I placed the NED order.

bbells

Jan 5, 2013
Delano, MN
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had really good luck with them. Very helpful and the order arrived much sooner than expected. I got my detector, etc., a few months ago, though. January 2013.

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
this site has the non serrated version for 63 bucks or the Mini T version for 57 bucks and free shipping on orders over 75 bucks.
Diggers

I just ordered the mini-T and a control box cover for my minelab from them. 89 bucks free shipping UPS ground or priority mail. Works out for me because I was going to get the control box cover for 30 shipped from amazon anyways and all the other sites are charging 10 bucks or more for shipping just on the shovel. Wish I had found their site the other day before I placed the NED order.

The shovel and minelab cover I ordered from hollandsbrook detectors showed up today! Very fast service, would do business with again in the future.

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Mini T handle sampson is awesome, dug a few holes with it this evening. It's nice to be able to use one of your feet to push down on the blade, makes it effortless to dig a plug.

On a more frustrating note, I have yet to see a refund from New England even though I was emailed saying I was refunded. I'll give it til monday and if not I will have to call them.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lesson learned. Buy from Big Boys Hobbies. They will always give you the best deal and usually shipped within a day. My longest wait with them was one week and that was on an item that was out of stock. When I bought my detector from them I received it from UPS in 3 days from the time I ordered. Big Boys is located in OK and i am in IL but you can't beat the service nor the price

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So after all this, the situation with new england detectors still is not resolved. The paypal refund they initiated did not clear their bank account. Sent them an email with no response at all.

this is a copy/paste of the notification I got from paypal.

Hello,

The refund sent by Corporate Headquarters ([email protected]) did not clear from the sender's bank. You have not received funds for this payment in your PayPal account.

Please contact Corporate Headquarters regarding this refund.

-----------------------------------
Refund details:
-----------------------------------

Amount: $57.00 USD
Sender: Corporate Headquarters
Sender's email: [email protected]

I want my 57 hard earned bucks back. Anyone have any suggestions as to how to pursue this? Thinking of calling my bank and seeing if they can do anything since I funded the transaction with my bank debit card through paypal.

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
STILL NO RESPONSE OR REFUND FROM NEW ENGLAND DETECTORS! Called the number on their website and the automated message states they are upgrading phone systems and no on is available to take your call, then disconnects you.

I will be contacting my bank next and if that does not get the ball rolling in the right direction I will be contacting the county police local to New england's shop as well as the BBB.

It's really pretty sad how this all turned out. I truly hate to bad mouth any company but in this situation I can say without hesitation: Do not purchase anything from these people, they cannot conduct business professionally and you may end up with your money tied up or missing all together when they drop the ball. I will be bumping this thread periodically to save others from getting screwed like I did.

Roscue2

Greenie
Dec 19, 2012
Central Valley of CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, Ace 250, Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Their service has been sporadic for quite some time now. This is not the first problem I have heard of lately.

B

BiggusDiggus

Yeah don't waste your time, their "storefront" is a hair salon, and if your lucky enough to talk to an actual person, there is no one who physically touches the products that you are able to speak with. At least in my dealings with them. I also contacted Garrett directly to check the validity of their dealership, whom were helpful and hopefully looked into it. After that I contacted Kellyco to order my detector, and they continue to deliver good service. Be careful, buyer beware..HH

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
contacted paypal today, hopefully they can get this resolved for me. I've made a couple orders from kellyco myself, good folks to deal with. When I order something online in the future from a new site I will be doing a google search for the company before ordering. Had I did that I would have seen the other horror stories about NED and went somewhere else.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry you had problems with them. I placed an order last year for an atpro and they threw in a leche digger and the little sampson shovel for free.(pkg deal they had) Got it all in 5 days. No shipping cost. The whole time it said order in process even after it was at my door. I gave a good review at that time. I did not use paypal.

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
UPDATE:

I finally recovered my money from these guys after phoning paypal a couple times to get it sorted out. The paypal rep told me they would file a claim and if no one from new england refunded me sooner, they would refund me on the 16th of July and settle the claim in my favor. No one from new england detectors contacted me at any time. They let the claim run the full course holding up my funds even longer until paypal automatically refunded me. Today is July 17th, original purchase from their website occurred on May 30th. So in nearly two months time no one there at NED could be bothered to reply to my emails or respond to the paypal dispute. Truly horrid experience and I feel lucky to even have gotten my money back. I never would have gotten a penny back had I not pursued this on my own and contacted paypal by phone.

buyer beware!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am so sorry you had trouble. That is just a shame. Talk to some vendors here and see what they can do to help you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread