jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I havn't even found a Wisconsin Quarter yet. Last one I found was IOWA. & I guess the 2005's are being released already.

OP
OP
bergie

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Probably haven't been lost yet. Check the old pocket change each day for this one.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was talking "Pocket Change" Bergie. I wont get out 'Tekton' for at least another month yet. Still 4 to 5" snow here . Most common round here , Delaware, Conn, N.Y., N.J., N.H. & R.I.

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
GO to the back and make a withdraw but ask for it all in new state quarters. I am aobut to with draw 120$ to pay my insurance, after I go threw them acourse. ;)

scavenger

Oct 21, 2004
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre (Soon to be teknetics T2SE)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
went through all my wisconsin quarters and no screw ups yet. got my statehoods folers filled though. all I need is:
tenessee D
N. carolina D
arkansas D
michigan D
texas D
Iowa D
wisconsin D

the pen. mints are real popular here the devers arent seen near as much. havent seen hardly and michigans in any mint.
I'll be watchin my pocket change real hard now. Cuz i'd like to find one of those $400 quarters :). it'd go straight to ebay and i'd buy me another contender carbine :)

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
I ended up with 12 rolls 4 wisconson (I havent checked them yet and 7 mixed. Just went threw the mixed with no errors. Gonna go threw the others now.

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Well I found none not even an error coin of any kind...

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Does any one know any thing about the rumors that these are counterfet coins?

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Understand the Wisc. quarters are supposed to be Denver mints. Cuts down chances of East Coast a bit, but most error coins seem to come out of Philly mint anyway.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Onion, that's the best picture of the quarters I've seen yet. The leaf up looks like a die chip error, not sure about the leaf down.

BruceW

Greenie
May 13, 2004
Denver CO
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks for the great pictures.? Hadn't been able to find a good pic of that yet.? Did see a story where a dealer went through 100 rolls & found that 5% of the coins had errors.? If that is a representative sample, it is hardly a "rare" coin considering something like 450 million were minted.?
Saw where a set of 3 went for $999 on Ebay & the seller had the nerve to ask for $20 for shipping! ::)?
If you find one, sell it quick cause I doubt the big premium will last long.?

Bruce
(busy with drill making a "swiss cheese variety" Wisconsin quarter)? :D

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Bergie,I haven't been around this last week (wife was in hospital) :(and I heard mention of these wisconsin errors but that's all I heard.I knew I could come on here and find it!Also thanks for the BIG picture link,ONION!Now all I have to do is search through about $500.00 worth of quarters i've been saving(along with nickels,dimes and pennies) but at least thier separated. ;DGood luck and H.H.

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
From what little research I have come up with on these quarters is the majority of them are in the AZ area. Not sure why they are in circulation in that part of the country, but I informed my daughter to keep her eyes open for any of these coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread