New Etrac came this morning , scored a 1870 IH

WheatbackDigger

Jul 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Etrac
My new Etrac came this morning. This afternoon, installed batteries and off to a local park. We've hit this park hard for the last three years with Explorer II's. Managed to score one semi-key 1870 IH and not much else. I have a lot to learn. Its a little frustrating learning a new machine. As for now, I think I'll keep my ole faithful EXPII. I don't find a lot of pre 1880 IH's , so I am a little excited on this one

Attachments

• 1870.jpg
    1870.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 601
Upvote 0

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, that's a more scarce date in the series. Did you use olive oil on it? :tard:

Nice Find.

-Buckles

OP
OP
W

WheatbackDigger

Jul 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Etrac
BuckleBoy said:
Well, that's a more scarce date in the series. Did you use olive oil on it? :tard:

Nice Find.

-Buckles

No olive oil, but I did put a light layer of Blue Ribbon coin conditioner on it.

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
Nice indian, I upgrated from the explorer xs to the E trac and i know its only a matter of time till I am as comfy with it in the trashy parks here in NJ. I just know that there is 8+ years of tech and reasearch and developement in this machine and the light weight and balance of the E trac is just so nice.
Marty

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WheatbackDigger said:
BuckleBoy said:
Well, that's a more scarce date in the series.  Did you use olive oil on it?   :tard:

Nice Find.

-Buckles

No olive oil, but I did put a light layer of Blue Ribbon coin conditioner on it.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: EXCELLENT.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Coin. I'm quite fancying a ETrac, is it easy to use :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
W

WheatbackDigger

Jul 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Silver Searcher said:

Any given detector is easy to use, just turn it on and swing it. What I was getting at, was picking out desirable targets in a trashy environment. This is where my Explorer II shines.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WheatbackDigger said:
Silver Searcher said:

Any given detector is easy to use, just turn it on and swing it.
What I was getting at, was picking out desirable targets in a trashy environment. This is where my Explorer II shines.

Well thats an untrue statement. Unless you mean easy to use badly. It was a serious question, and he understood what you were getting at, you clearly didn't understand him, you just jumped to your own conclusion. SS is thinking about getting that detector and wants your advice :P Some detectors take 2 years to master, some only a few months.

OP
OP
W

WheatbackDigger

Jul 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Etrac
CRUSADER said:
WheatbackDigger said:
Silver Searcher said:

What I was getting at, was picking out desirable targets in a trashy environment. This is where my Explorer II shines.

Well thats an untrue statement. Unless you mean easy to use badly. It was a serious question, and he understood what you were getting at, you clearly didn't understand him, you just jumped to your own conclusion. SS is thinking about getting that detector and wants your advice :P Some detectors take 2 years to master, some only a few months.

Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought he was stating that the Etrac was easy to use, not asking. Which it is easy to use, turn on go if you want. Easy to navigate thru the menus. A lot lighter than the EXP II, but I ain't all that impressed with it yet, but I'll give it some time. I honestly don't think it will find anything my EXPII wouldn't find.. Dug tons of nails with it today it coin mode, sounded like good targets to me. If you got a EXPII or SE, I wouldn't pay for an upgrade, if you are looking to join the Minelab wagon, then I would consider it.

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I could imagine. My friend bought a minelab explorer SE and he has become frustrated as well. He keeps telling me to take it out but I have become very comfortable with my ace 250

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
First time out with the E-Trac?! That's a sweet find there! WOOHOO!!!!

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WheatbackDigger said:
CRUSADER said:
WheatbackDigger said:
Silver Searcher said:

Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought he was stating that the Etrac was easy to use, not asking. Which it is easy to use, turn on go if you want. Easy to navigate thru the menus. A lot lighter than the EXP II, but I ain't all that impressed with it yet, but I'll give it some time. I honestly don't think it will find anything my EXPII wouldn't find.. Dug tons of nails with it today it coin mode, sounded like good targets to me. If you got a EXPII or SE, I wouldn't pay for an upgrade, if you are looking to join the Minelab wagon, then I would consider it.
The reason I asked is because my detecting partner has a EXP11 and he murders me on depth, but I can't get away from it's weight :-\ I have had a hold of a Etrac and it's much lighter :) and I think really this is the only difference between the two machines, but I am really considering one. SS.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread