New Eurotecek Pro..at $219.00 US

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
I ordered a new Eurotek Pro last night. They aren't here yet but the order should be in by May 13. It is reportedly a deeper and better Teknetics Alfa 2000 type. It does have a couple of other advantages for relic hunters too though, especially the ability to turn the iron signal volume up or down, plus a couple of other benefits too.

I'll let people know what I discover when it gets here..:icon_thumleft:

The standard Eurotek Pro is only $159..:hello2:

Eurotek_Faceplate_3D.jpg eurotek_8coil_.jpg

Attachments

• productimage-picture-alpha-2000-460.jpg
    productimage-picture-alpha-2000-460.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks really interesting.

OP
OP
LuckyLarry

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
It will likely outdo a Tesoro Vaquero by a small margin. Those who have tried one say it goes about 2" deeper than a Teknetics Delta 4000. That is a decent depth..

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LuckyLarry,
You have some interesting credentials listed there combined with 30+ machines And living in Sweet Home, Oregon. I've been there once and stopped at the White's Plant, probably should have asked for you. Except for one dalliance with a Fisher Gold Bug I've stayed with White's machines especially as I've had good results with the White's. Would you be able to offer any advice on setting up the XLT? Have fun with the new toy!....................63bkpkr

OP
OP
LuckyLarry

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks 63. I will have a bunch of fun with it. I ordered it through Jeffery Sarvis-Treasuredude Detectors in the State of Washington. He seemed prompt, friendly, and straight business to me. I appreciate that.

I do like some Whites, but the XLT although a good one, has not ever been in my arsenal. I tend to stay away from detectors that require "tweaking" or programming to fit soils, although I do own a cz-70, but run it in no-notch because it goes deepest that way.. I prefer beep and dig machines, mostly running in zero disc to no-notch mode, although I really did enjoy the rather uncommonly complex and expensive magnetic spectrometers and magnetometers we had when I worked for the Department of Defense in electronics..

I stop in at Whites once in awhile, but only to see what's in the mix. Yes, I did work as a supervisor at a factory/lab that created/manufactured some of Whites hardware and PC boards, but Whites and I are not bed partners in any way. They don't know me, but I may recognize their front office tech/salesman if I saw him on the street.

Some people say that the Spectrum XLT is the best detector Whites ever made. Everybody has their own opinions, I guess, but maybe they are right too....

The best Whites I've ever had or used is the original Surfmaster PI, with the lightweight geiger-counter style headphones audio. If I could find another one for the right price, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. It could be adjusted to cancel small foil - while still finding fine wire lady's gold rings. I haven't seen another PI that could do or match that since then. Whites does have some really decent detectors and I view the V3 as somwhere around 2x the detector of a 3030. It does search deeper, for sure..

HH,
LL

Last edited:

dbsmokey

Jan 12, 2004
Oregon
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered a new Eurotek Pro last night. They aren't here yet but the order should be in by May 13. It is reportedly a deeper and better Teknetics Alfa 2000 type. It does have a couple of other advantages for relic hunters too though, especially the ability to turn the iron signal volume up or down, plus a couple of other benefits too.

The standard Eurotek Pro is only $159..:hello2:

I look forward to hearing how it performs in Oregon! Please let us know. Thanks

OP
OP
LuckyLarry

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll do that dbsmokey. Everyone should know though that you will likely be paying now and getting one later. The site doesn't read exactly that way, but that's how it went down with me. To me the advantage of the Pro model ($219) would be that it can discriminate iron better than most other detectors, aided by a volume control for the iron signal. It also has an iron icon that displays anytime it encounters iron... It seems that it is designed mostly as a relic machine, according to what I've read from those who have tried one..

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post, I love hearing about a new machine when it comes out. I also enjoy the information shared. A light that comes on when encountering Iron???? That is great. I have a spot I would love to take that lil bugger and see if I could null it. I know my detector goes to siren mode when I put it on Stat all metal there. I hunt with a guy who owns a T2, and he is cleaning up at the parks right now. Not just coins, but rings, gold rings too. If your looking to upgrade, I would definitely check out T series detectors.

OP
OP
LuckyLarry

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Sometimes I think the T2 is the deepest of its kind out there, maybe even deeper than the F75. It seems to have a bit of an edge on iron, and both of them do very well in high Fe soils...

dbsmokey

Jan 12, 2004
Oregon
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Larry,

I am interested in hearing your report of how well this detector is working for you. Please keep us updated. Thanks!

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ty larry. I have a lil ten year old boy who wants a detector. I seen the iron hunters in action, my son and I would make a good team with that jewel. I sure hope its up to the task. At a old park with my buddy and his T2, well he found a old tin cup at 11" inches. I could barley get a reading on it. Yes it is deep. Any update on the new machine?

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
The one for $159 is the Eurotek (not Pro) & lacks some features of the Eurotek Pro. The Pro comes with an 8" concentric coil for $219, or an 11" DD coil for $299. Pro has depth reading to 9" in non-motion PP. The manual indicates it can often get a correct ID as deep as 8", the same that is claimed for the T2. But the T2 says it gets coins to 15"(with wrong ID at depth, I guess). The Eurotek/ Eurotek Pro are apparently designed to detect coins to 9" or more, with a good ID possible to 8". The iron features allows iron to beep at coins volume, or softer, or no beep with iron flash only.

The detector was designed with European detectorists in mind, as they may have 1,000 years of iron accumulation. So I think maybe the first units went there. Sounds like it will be available from American dealers soon. I already have the Teknetics G2 w/11" DD & Tek Omega 8000 Pro w/11" DD. I need to still do in the ground comparisons of these before deciding if I want another Teknetics. There are many Tek Euro Pro videos on You Tube. One in test garden shows it getting a beep on every pass on a dime down 6" at sensitivity 7 of 10 & IDs varied only a few numbers. Best wishes, George (MN)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread