maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My new Excal has been in use only a few months and the control mounting bracket is starting to crack, (the clear plexi or whatever material it is). Detector hasnt been droped or mishandled and only a few times the control has been removed. Has anyone else come across this problem, and what could be done about it, other than sending it back to the factory, which they would probably argue that it was dropped or something? All four mounting holes have started to crack.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only tighten the bolts finger tight and don't mess with them. In the fall you can send it in if it isn't out of warranty by then.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does it use. Bolts to tighten?

OP
OP
maipenrai

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its the spring loaded pin holes where the cracking has started.

No off season here, so hunt year round, any down time is lost time.

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Pro Coil, SunRay X 5.5, S.E.F. 6x8, Excalibur II
Mine did the same thing . I contacted Minelab and they had me sind in the machine and they sent me a brand new one. I made out OK as they didn.t have me return the battery packs and I now have two. Call and see what they will do. Rick:coffee2:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Mine did the same thing . I contacted Minelab and they had me sind in the machine and they sent me a brand new one. I made out OK as they didn.t have me return the battery packs and I now have two. Call and see what they will do. Rick:coffee2:
.....Now that sounds like a good idea ... That is what i would do.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread