new excalibur features?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not much reason to want to switch then.

(Mad, a friend and I were in Colorado one year on vacation, was up in mountains and came up on some people jumping off a cliff, hang gliding....One guy talk one of the people into letting him use his kite, that he had jumped many times. He jumped, got out about a hundred and 50 yards and about a 100 yards high, and hit a downdraft, he crashed into some really tall pine trees. Some climbed down to him and radioed for an ambulance and the police...

We left as we were a little too high in the mountains. ;D)

OP
OP
M

MadMorgan

Greenie
Dec 18, 2006
Near Orlando
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000 / Titan 3000 XD
Usuallly when cliff launching there is some amount of ridgelift but there's almost always some down waiting for you out past it. The key is to turn parallel into the lift band as soon as safely possible and ride that to the top of the ridge. And make damned sure you don't get on the backside of it. the ridge lift 'swirls' down onto the top, and if you get to far back once you're over the top, you're pretty well screwed. Ugly stuff.
I've had days where the ridgelift was so strong it took 5 guys holding my wires to launch. Talk about a rush, straight up at 2000 fpm with the bar stuffed to your nuts until it gets over the top!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread