! NEW EXPLORER 4 FROM MINELAB IN THE SUMMER 2010

goldeagle

Jun 28, 2009
THE EAST COAST
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,EXCAL-II
OK THIS JUST IN FROM A GUY WHO TALKED TO THE MINELAB REP.Limited information is available but here are a few facts about the new explorer 4 Some all new features that are known to been included with the new machine .
1. Colour LCD screen using advanced high definition graphics .

2. New multi pulse dual phase high power time delay system . The new system is a discriminating pulse induction system.

3. Depth is claimed to be 20 inches on coins.

4. New control box design is fairly similar to whites v3 in size but with much larger LCD meter .

5, The coil is a multi stacked coil , this means multiple coils stacked inside the housing to increase depth by a claimed 40%.

6, Details to dealers is expected July -august this year.

I only hope it's WATERPROOOFFF!!!!!!!!!!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off that Minelab rep. would probably be shot if he is found out. Not suppose to leak info. for new releases.

...and 20" on a coin. :laughing9: We'll see! ;D

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds high tech and 20 " hhmm maybe in wet sand ? did the Rep quote a price >$$$$? it would be interesting to see this Summer

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deepdiger60 said:
Sounds high tech and 20 " hhmm maybe in wet sand ? did the Rep quote a price >$$$$? it would be interesting to see this Summer

Even if it can detect a coin at 20" I'd buy one, but it would only see about 5% of my detecting time because the good Explorer Iron disc. would most likely be out the window.

PS... There's always super hype when Minelab comes out with a new detector and after the XS it was all just hype.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure some people will do like I did, I bought my SE Pro the day before the Etrac was released (I had not even heard of the Etrac till I tried my SE out). I got a great deal from a local dealer so I didn't want to return the SE.

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
As long as you master your machine, You do not need a new one. I am still learning my machine, but am starting to get good at it. I have had an explorer SE for 2 years and love it to death. Spent $1300 on the machine, and could never imagine replacing it. Like my buddy JuJu says, "If your willing to fork out the bucks for a pricey machine, then go for it! But let me tell you, what matters is what's in the ground. If there's nothing in the ground, then no expensive machine will get anything from a really really hunted out site."

WhiteHunter

Dec 28, 2006
Hampshire
Detector(s) used
E-trac,X-Terra 70, Ace 250 with Sniper Coil, Sea Hunter MK2
this is on every single metal detecting forum! >:( its 100% fake

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
First off that Minelab rep. would probably be shot if he is found out. Not suppose to leak info. for new releases.

Maybee a Cartwheel :laughing9:

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20" on a coin is ludicrous. Most old coins in my area are 6-7" I would NOT EVEN WANT to dig 20" for a coin, can you imagine the look on the homeowners face when he saw you digging holes that deep? Or how about the park dept? They'd ban metal detecting for sure. What a joke!.........I have seen this on several forums, it is amazing the things people believe.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
20 inches on a coin huh ? I didn't know they had coins the size of a man hole cover. LOL

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Iron Patch said:
Deepdiger60 said:

Even if it can detect a coin at 20" I'd buy one, but it would only see about 5% of my detecting time because the good Explorer Iron disc. would most likely be out the window.

PS... There's always super hype when Minelab comes out with a new detector and after the XS it was all just hype.

On the beaches 20" is a weak target, but doable now.

Let the hype begin, the masses of boners will be lined up waiting for this to come out.
I'm sure it was all well planned to leak this out.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:
Iron Patch said:

Maybee a Cartwheel :laughing9:

A two penny, in the right soil, on the right day, with the wind blowing the right way.... maybe 15". Pretty hard to say though considering I've only dug one. I have dug enfields well over a foot. We had a field of them in clean ground so it was a good test to see how deep the ploder would go.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Do Believe 20 Inches on a Coin, Even Much deeper
will Eventually Be Possable.

From somone Who actualy Knows what they are Talking about:

The Send Signal Can be Pushed Several feet into the Ground.
Maybe even 10 feet or more.

However the Bounce Back Signal (Receive) would Not Reach
the Coil.

that is the problem at this time.

Just Like you Can send a Radio Signal 100 Miles
You need a Receiver at the other End

steve from ohio

Aug 1, 2008
I've been doing research on this rumor for the last few weeks to see if there is any truth to this rumor about a new machine from Minelab that is PI, has discrimination, is waterproof and will find coins at 20 inches or more.

I called Minelab and all I got was a big laugh from them. They know nothing about this supposed new machine. OK, maybe they were told to not comment on it. So I did more research.

I am sure that the field testers would be talking about it because the summer of 2010 is only a few months away. Secrets especially about metal detectors are hard to keep. So far nothing.

I called dealers to see if they know anything. All they can say is that they know only what has been posted on the internet and it seems to be posted by the same person or persons. The postings are on all the MD sites. No one can verify anything on this rumor.

Could it be someone who has an ax to grind with Minelab and is trying to hurt sales now by putting out this rumor so people will not buy Explorers, E-tracs and Excaliburs? I know there is hard feelings by some for Minelab's decision to move production to Malaysia. They have to because the Euro problem and Ireland's debt problem will kill profits in Ireland.

I can't say for sure, but this seems to be some kind of hoax or an attempt to hurt Minelab sales.

I repeat, I have found no information that will verify that Minelab is coming out with a new machine that will replace the top end detectors they sell.

It is total BS for now. But if anyone has some verified information....not I heard it from a sales rep who's name I do not know who was talking at lunch to a friend of a friend of a friend who says that they are going to do this.

Give us real verified info please.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
steve from ohio said:
I've been doing research on this rumor for the last few weeks to see if there is any truth to this rumor about a new machine from Minelab that is PI, has discrimination, is waterproof and will find coins at 20 inches or more.

I called Minelab and all I got was a big laugh from them. They know nothing about this supposed new machine. OK, maybe they were told to not comment on it. So I did more research.

I am sure that the field testers would be talking about it because the summer of 2010 is only a few months away. Secrets especially about metal detectors are hard to keep. So far nothing.

I called dealers to see if they know anything. All they can say is that they know only what has been posted on the internet and it seems to be posted by the same person or persons. The postings are on all the MD sites. No one can verify anything on this rumor.

Could it be someone who has an ax to grind with Minelab and is trying to hurt sales now by putting out this rumor so people will not buy Explorers, E-tracs and Excaliburs? I know there is hard feelings by some for Minelab's decision to move production to Malaysia. They have to because the Euro problem and Ireland's debt problem will kill profits in Ireland.

I can't say for sure, but this seems to be some kind of hoax or an attempt to hurt Minelab sales.

I repeat, I have found no information that will verify that Minelab is coming out with a new machine that will replace the top end detectors they sell.

It is total BS for now. But if anyone has some verified information....not I heard it from a sales rep who's name I do not know who was talking at lunch to a friend of a friend of a friend who says that they are going to do this.

Give us real verified info please.

A new detector wouldn't be a surprise, it's what they do! But huge hype on one hitting 20" coins etc. etc. ... I don't believe it. Talking to dealers won't help you much either because they've been hung out to dry plenty by Minelab not telling them what was on the way and when.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gibsondan said:
If Minelab put such a detector on the market and it was used in public places, like parks, you'd need something bigger than a Lesche digger. You would need a post hole digger! The powers-that-be would work overtime banning detecting. Andy Sabisch called this a rumor on Findmall. He also said such a detector would cost more than $5000 and getting one for $2000 would be fantasy.

4357332792_91e08a15b8.jpg

I did that in the Fall! ..... only it was a 6 pound cannon ball I was reaching down for. ;D

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
(1) I'll believe it when I see it
(2) Here there is a hard clay level in most areas that coins don't really go past. Usually that is between 6-12 inches depending on location
(3) if it is pulse induction but does discriminate, will it be as good as explorers and etracs at hearing the good targets? Depth is not the sole measure. A lot of people tout depth, but I've noticed what is of at least equal or greater value is hearing a target as good, that other detectors would lead one to believe is trash. If this is brand new discrimination technology on PI, I doubt it will be anywhere as refined as the current FBS detectors. i.e. I'd wait a decade (several generations and refinements of such a detector) before making the jump.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread