New F75 SE user question

alldugup

Sep 3, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I got an F75 SE for Christmas and took it out yesterday for the first time. I ran in disc and all metal , just to familiarize myself with some of the settings; ground balance was around 58. My question is, when my coil lightly bumps or comes into contact with anything it peeks out at 99 on the id screen and I have to wait a minute or so to clear. If I touch the cable at the coil, it does the same thing. When I say bump or come in contact with something , I'm referring to very small objects or when I set the coil on the ground. Not sure if this is normal or not.
Any comments or help to this rookie would be appreciated.
Happy New Year to all.
Thanks, David

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
alldugup
Did it come with 2 coils ...if it did try the other coil,see if it does the same thing...sounds like a coil problem.
Gary

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does sound like a "microphonic" coil flaw. I'd contact customer service.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sure sounds like a bad coil.

Or it could be something else I hate to even mention- but did the purchaser buy from an authorized dealer to be sure it's not a Chinese clone? I realllyyyy hope it's not a clone.

OP
OP
A

alldugup

Sep 3, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks everyone, I'm going to give customer service a call Monday. Hard to believe one right out of the box would have problems. I guess they don't do an inspection on their machines prior to shipping them out to dealers???
I purchased my machine from a sponsor on this site.
Thanks again everyone. I'll let you know what they say.
David

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hard to believe one right out of the box would have problems.
It's much more common than you'd think really! All mfr's put out their fair share of bad coils.

I guess they don't do an inspection on their machines prior to shipping them out to dealers
I tend to agree for the most part. It's not like they are stamping out beer cans by the millions. Seems that they (all mfr's) could have a tighter quality control in that regard.

OP
OP
A

alldugup

Sep 3, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I called Fisher Labs today and spoke with Felix who was very nice. He gave me all the info for returning it for service. I'll be sending it back tomorrow. I'll update as soon as I get it back.

OP
OP
A

alldugup

Sep 3, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
David
First Texas customer service is very good, and will have you up and running in short time.
Gary

Hi Gary,
Before I called Fisher Labs, I followed your advise about running the small coil. I did not have the same problem with the 5" coil.
I purchased this in November and my wife wrapped it up and made me wait till Christmas before I could open it up. Now I guess I'm going to wait awhile longer to dig some holes with it. LOL No big problem, just anxious to use it.
This should show people to always buy from an authorized seller and not some "LETS MAKE A DEAL" sales person.
I'm happy to know that my machine will be up and running the way it should.
Thanks Gary and everyone for your help.
David

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Yea, something doesn't sound right with that. I'm betting a coil problem. Good luck.

OP
OP
A

alldugup

Sep 3, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I got my F75 SE back from Fisher. There was a note inside that said they found a problem with my machine and said they replaced the coil connector. Due to poor weather, I haven't had a chance to check it out yet. Hopefully its fixed. It cost me $40.00 to ship it with insurance. Don't want to have to do that again! Brand new machine right out of the box...Wish they would have at least thrown in a Fisher camo hat or something.
HH, David

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I got my F75 SE back from Fisher. There was a note inside that said they found a problem with my machine and said they replaced the coil connector. Due to poor weather, I haven't had a chance to check it out yet. Hopefully its fixed. It cost me $40.00 to ship it with insurance. Don't want to have to do that again! Brand new machine right out of the box...Wish they would have at least thrown in a Fisher camo hat or something.
HH, David
.. $40.00 shipping that sounds like a lot from Tenn to Tex. …. When i have to send a detector for repairs all i send in is the power box and coil…...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread