New Finds From Monday 5/4/09

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to one of my old fields today to try my luck. It had just been recently disced and then we had 2 inches of rain yesterday and this morning and since it's a sandy field it was washed almost flat. really thought I would slay them since this field has always produced really well, but I didn't do as well as I'd hoped. I didn't do bad though. I found 2 whole points, a Brewerton Cornernotch Point and a Kirk Stemmed Point, plus a few damaged points and some Scrapers. The black Square Knife is a whole piece and is worked on all sides. I did find a really nice Hammerstone, but I set it down at the edge of the field and forgot to go back and get it. Hopefully it will still be there when I go back to get it.

I didn't get a lot of in situs on the finds since most of them were just little flakes of flint that were showing and ended up being points when I flipped them out.

First picture is a view of the field from where I parked. The high prominent ridge is where most everything is found. The Ohio River is just behind the tree line and in front of the hills in the background. The rest are my finds and a in situ picture of the Hammerstone and the other pieces I found. Most of them are after I had flipped them out.

Attachments

• New Finds02.jpg
    New Finds02.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 275
  • New Finds26.jpg
    New Finds26.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 271
  • New Finds27.jpg
    New Finds27.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 269
  • New Finds29.jpg
    New Finds29.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 270
  • New Finds05.jpg
    New Finds05.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 264
  • New Finds07.jpg
    New Finds07.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 260
  • New Finds09.jpg
    New Finds09.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 271
  • New Finds11.jpg
    New Finds11.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 270
  • New Finds14.jpg
    New Finds14.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 264
  • New Finds18.jpg
    New Finds18.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 267
  • New Finds22.jpg
    New Finds22.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 266
  • New Finds23.jpg
    New Finds23.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 263
Upvote 0

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
nice hunting df, good looking field. So you type the small reddish point in the middle of the second pic a kirk? I've found a pile of those guys through the years and I'm still unsure of the type. The hammer is a nice example and worth going back for imo. thanks for the show.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think your hunting partner just posted that hammerstone ??? Just kidding that is a nice looking field and can see why it would be a good site. Its smooth. The rain has laid it down looks like its getting ready to be planted so maybe they will stir it up one more time. Nice Kirk. Always a welcome addition. So easy to see how it could be hafted. Nice hunt now go get that hammerstone. :thumbsup:
TnMountains

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
SoIll said:
Man I'll bet those bluffs are loaded.

exactly what I was thinking Solll, I'd bet the burial sites are on that bluff or small foothills( I'm not advocating hunting burial sites nor do I mess with them personally) there's probably some smaller camps and knapping stations up there overlooking the main site or village.

paleojoe

Mar 31, 2008
Nice little haul today. When I did not get a call,I expected you to come up empty..By the way,I went by and picked up my (your) hammerstone ;D

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the show,you got some good ones i think. jamey

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful country, DorkFish--and that's an awesome field.
Nice finds, too ;D.
regards~~sandcreek

OP
OP
The Grim Reaper

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
paleojoe said:
Nice little haul today. When I did not get a call,I expected you to come up empty..By the way,I went by and picked up my (your) hammerstone ;D

My phone died so that's why I didn't call you. I only hunted the first half of that ridge so you might try the rest of it. I doubt I'll have time over the next few days with this training I have to do from 7 am to 7 pm. I may try to hit our other spot on Weds or Thurdays night. I'll get hold of you.

By the way, I want my Hammerstone back. lol

ohioriver hunter

Apr 12, 2007
Howdy,
Hey get out of my yard! lol Good ole river valley.Nice pics,looks like my view from behind the house.Nice finds too.I always enjoy seeing others finds.Especialy my neighbors.
Jeff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread