new finds

bedwards

Dec 6, 2006
These are some surface finds from Early county Georgia that I found yesterday. Too bad the plows got the best of them. Bedwards
march0407041.jpg

Upvote 0

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
Man, the plow got mine today too. Not one whole one.

the theme song to my hunt was "Womp, womp, womp......"

keep em coming bed!

xstevenx

S

Southern Points

That's the problem we have here, the plows from the timber company destroy the majority of our finds >:( I really like the small point on the bottom left, keep'um comin..."D"

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The plows break a lot agreed, but in my area we only
have cow trails, erosion, & river & lake shorelines to hunt.

I have heard the old-timers talk of hooking whole clay pots with their plows, while plowing cotton & corn, also of whole skeletons left after a flood exposed them, but now we have cattle pastures & meadows. :'(

Fossis.................

jbl04410

Feb 11, 2007
Hermon,Maine
Detector(s) used
My eagle eyes
Bedwards heartbreakers just make the whole ones all that more special.I know from living in Illinois that plows take there tolls on artifacts.Especially the axe heads.However here in Maine I still find way more broken tips than whole pieces.Here I have never found an artifact in a field.It seems where ever a volume of pieces are found due to a large number of inhabitants that they either broke a lot during making them or they brought their kill to a central area in the village and the tips are whats left.Other causes broken in use and frost breaks.Either way they are bitter-sweet but if nothing else they are reassurance you are in the right spot.Besides wont you be happy when you find the other pieces......Jay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread