New Fisher F-19 Metal Detector

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say wait till mid june if you can. When this comes out.

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk

F19 claims to be "the best relic machine ever".

But to have less depth than the F75/T2 but add on a few software gimmicks won't make it the best relic detector ever imho....

Maybe it is a dual freq machine inside.

Nah, it's a 19khz EurotekPro the F70/F75/T2 will beat by 4-6 inches in all metal; I will add it might beat them running discrimination, my GoldBugPro in discriminate mode is pretty good.

Last edited:

fsdigital12

Jun 20, 2010
Youre right. 19khz ETP is prob best way of putting it.....id rather have a 19khz T2SE with boost

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why is the little f19 so expensive? Why? It's a joke.

I wonder the same about Garrett's obsolete junk all the time. Fortunately because of Garrett's inflated prices for ancient equipment, after buying a Garrett, a lot of people can't afford to discover FirstTexas is years ahead in depth, performance, ergonomics.

fsdigital12

Jun 20, 2010
It's so expensive because a ETP is $200 and a G2 is $600. Both machines in 1

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find it odd Fisher/Teknetics would say "best relic machine ever" then sell it cheaper than the T2/F75 that still will go deeper as far as we know.

My guess is woof! wasn't involved, and this F19 is merely a marketing hail mary to generate some revenue in the short term.

fsdigital12

Jun 20, 2010
The gbp/g2 never caught on so theyre trying to drum up interest again.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find it odd Fisher/Teknetics would say "best relic machine ever" then sell it cheaper than the T2/F75 that still will go deeper as far as we know.

My guess is woof! wasn't involved, and this F19 is merely a marketing hail mary to generate some revenue in the short term.

Actually woof said (paraphrasing) he oversaw the project and stepped in at times to make sure things were running smoothly. The engineers who designed the ETP also designed the F19. If Dave was overseeing the project, you can bet it's a great machine. I really like the analog/digital interface idea of the GB pro/F19 platform

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...Basically the F19 appears to be a Gold Bug Pro that comes stock with the 5" x 10" elliptical DD and a few additional features for a few extra bucks. If the extra features have no value to a person the Gold Bug Pro can still be had for less. Statements like "best relic machine ever" are just marketing fluff to be ignored.

The F19 is "Just Another Mid-Frequency Detector". No big deal, nothing to get excited about. People waiting for "The Next Big Thing" can go on waiting.

And there you have it. Nuff said.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
You cant assess a machine by the way it appears. It appears to look like other fisher and tek machines. One thing is for sure, f19 has zero in common with bugs. For one, its not a gold machine. For another, its made for coins and relics and has three tones. Circuit wise, it does not appear in any way to be a gold bug pro or any type of bug. Comparing f19 to bugs is like comparing apples to oranges. But eight hundred frikin' bucks?

fsdigital12

Jun 20, 2010
19khz is optimized for gold. And that's a fact. G2/gbp run 19khz.

Zero in common?

Last edited:

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
That is not a fact. 19khz is only a frequency, there is no optimal given frequency for any given target. 19k is better for small stuff, like small gold, which is why it is often used for gold machines. It is a tough row to hoe using a gold bug up at the park to try to find coins in the trash, you would be much better off with a f2 or any machine that is not a gold machine. Gold machines typically are not good in iron trash. 19k can be used for any purpose that the circuit designer wishes. A gold machine is totally different than a coin/relic machine, regardless of hertz. For f19 they took 19khz and built a circuit that's designed for relics and coins and such, which are rarely gold. More gold rings have been found with low frequency machines than all gold machines combined. A gold bug will kick f19's arse in finding small gold nuggets because of the circuit, not the hertz. F19 with advanced iron abilities and three tone is not a gold machine, and would be a better choice for relics and coinshooters. If you're in the desert shooting little bitty nuggets, stick with the bugs.

Last edited:

Bryan V

Dec 13, 2009
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Monster 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is not a fact. 19khz is only a frequency, there is no optimal given frequency for any given target. 19k is better for small stuff, like small gold, which is why it is often used for gold machines. It is a tough row to hoe using a gold bug up at the park to try to find coins in the trash, you would be much better off with a f2 or any machine that is not a gold machine. Gold machines typically are not good in iron trash. 19k can be used for any purpose that the circuit designer wishes. A gold machine is totally different than a coin/relic machine, regardless of hertz. For f19 they took 19khz and built a circuit that's designed for relics and coins and such, which are rarely gold. More gold rings have been found with low frequency machines than all gold machines combined. A gold bug will kick f19's arse in finding small gold nuggets because of the circuit, not the hertz. F19 with advanced iron abilities and three tone is not a gold machine, and would be a better choice for relics and coinshooters. If you're in the desert shooting little bitty nuggets, stick with the bugs.

First off I will say I have no idea about the technology used in any metal detector.
I do own a Gold Bug Pro that does very well coin shooting in the parks though.
Its ability to work in the trash is one of the things I like about it.
Its a vey fast detector.
I used to own a CZ 5 for coin hunting which is supposed to be one of the best coin shooters out there. I wouldn't go back to it or use it instead if I owned both.
Like I said I can't debate tech stuff but I have a feeling from your post that you have never used a Gold Bug Pro coin hunting.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KellyCo has listed the F19 for preorders.

"it will be the best relic detector ever!" lol

For First Texas improving their margins and making a profit maybe. Hopefully the monies will go towards building the next generation that will outperform the F70/F75/T2 series.....

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually woof said (paraphrasing) he oversaw the project and stepped in at times to make sure things were running smoothly. The engineers who designed the ETP also designed the F19. If Dave was overseeing the project, you can bet it's a great machine. I really like the analog/digital interface idea of the GB pro/F19 platform

I came away with a different interpretation of Woof!'s post #44 on this F19 discussion.

A snippet:"The F19 project was hatched between marketing dept. and the Saad/Yi singlefreaker team. These guys have really mastered singlefreakers and I was brought into the project so infrequently that I didn't know what the F19 was until I saw the ad copy. Now I know as much as the rest of y'all do, but not much more."

My interpretation is that the F19 was hatched between marketing and the Eurotek team, the F19 is not a detector Dave engineered.

Marketing's involvement imho was involved to generate revenue and also probably based loosely on customer comments. Steve Herschbach is dead on.....

fsdigital12

Jun 20, 2010
Exactly. Ill stick With my Gold Bug Pro and dig everything but the grunts. Don't need no iron audio feature for $300 more.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
F19 is too expensive, that's its only fault. If Bart is listing it at 799, its 799. If they knock it down to 549, I'll sell my atpro finds and git me one. It's just what I been looking for, a modern light fast machine and I love Fisher. I have been looking for simple info like msrp and coil options and I am at my wit's end I cant find jack squat.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread