New friend and a hunt

Bamadad53

Oct 24, 2016
Central Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Met up with kleinerschmitter on a abandoned school site in Birmingham this morning, 55 degrees with blue sky. kleinerschmitter had a great day, me I had a good day. Any day hunting is a good day. kleinerschmitter definitely knows his machine while I am still learning to operate the AT pro. He found a hot spot and walked over and invited me to partake, which I did and things got better for me there. We hunted for about 3 hours till I had leave to go pick up the wife. Anyway I found 2 zinc pennies, one clad dime, 2 wheat pennies and one bus token. To see a picture of the token go to
Birmingham Transit Company - Bhamwiki
The back of my token says "good for one school fare" not "good for one fare" as shown in the picture. One thing I have learned on the At pro is it takes practice and fiddling with the controls to get going on it. Today I hunted in Pro 0 with my sensitivity turned down several notches and my discriminator turned up. Once I did this I could still get a good signal on coins while weeding out most trash and signals I don't understand yet. Now if I can just figure out how to bypass those flattened out aluminum twist caps that sound just like dimes to me I would be content for now.

Bamadad

Upvote 5

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the token and other finds. Practice makes perfect, when I started, to make it easier, I used a lot of discrimination and notched nickels and zincs back in. The more I detected, the less I discriminated. I now only disc out most of the iron range.

Eternity79au

May 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done on your finds. I'm not sure you can ever stop digging those caps with the pro. They sound so good they just have to be dug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
congrats on the finds and a great day of dirt fishing.
JMO
if you really want to learn what the AT is telling you, dig everything, until you can tell by the sound what it is you're digging, then start tweaking the programs. you'll be surprised at what happens. even the best machine will only do so much.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions