New From Eastern Washington

BABALONGOGGLES

Jan 10, 2020
Eastern WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I felt like it was time to create an account because I've gained so much information from this community already.

On December 26th, I purchased a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and I've taken it on 5 separate outings so far, only in family's yards. I've found some old clad, some interesting but worthless artifacts, and a lot of aluminum.

I started to become interested in treasure hunting when I found a small bit of gold wrapped around a glacial flood stone about 4 1/2 feet underground in my backyard. I started feverishly learning everything I could about geology which led to some pretty absorbing maps. I'll spend hours just looking at maps these days. I love the research aspect to any form of treasure hunting.

Some of these maps had locations of fossils and other valuable minerals. Somehow I ended up on this forum and researched what little there is about my state, specifically, my area. It then led me to the library where I talked with some very pleasant individuals and discovered the old maps from 1912. I was going to wait until I got my income tax check to get a better metal detector than the Tracker IV, but I couldn't wait. I found it for $80 and I've started feverishly learning about everything I can get my hands on.

I hope to contribute some of my research at some point, but there's snow on the ground and more coming, so I'll likely not do anymore detecting until Spring and I don't want to send anyone to my spots.

In closing, I look forward to some interesting discussions and new information.

I hope this is allowed in the intro, but I do have one burning question that I don't know who to ask. Maybe someone could tell me, is it legal to metal detect on land that isn't parceled? (My reference is the public records map for my county.)

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I felt like it was time to create an account because I've gained so much information from this community already.

On December 26th, I purchased a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and I've taken it on 5 separate outings so far, only in family's yards. I've found some old clad, some interesting but worthless artifacts, and a lot of aluminum.

I started to become interested in treasure hunting when I found a small bit of gold wrapped around a glacial flood stone about 4 1/2 feet underground in my backyard. I started feverishly learning everything I could about geology which led to some pretty absorbing maps. I'll spend hours just looking at maps these days. I love the research aspect to any form of treasure hunting.

Some of these maps had locations of fossils and other valuable minerals. Somehow I ended up on this forum and researched what little there is about my state, specifically, my area. It then led me to the library where I talked with some very pleasant individuals and discovered the old maps from 1912. I was going to wait until I got my income tax check to get a better metal detector than the Tracker IV, but I couldn't wait. I found it for $80 and I've started feverishly learning about everything I can get my hands on.

I hope to contribute some of my research at some point, but there's snow on the ground and more coming, so I'll likely not do anymore detecting until Spring and I don't want to send anyone to my spots.

In closing, I look forward to some interesting discussions and new information.

I hope this is allowed in the intro, but I do have one burning question that I don't know who to ask. Maybe someone could tell me, is it legal to metal detect on land that isn't parceled? (My reference is the public records map for my county.)

Welcome. Not sure what you mean by parceled. A large acreage that is privately owned, is private. Public land, administered by local or Federal government, is generally legal, unless designated an historically significant property, or having special restrictions against detecting. Here in S.C., one has to be careful. Some state and federal lands prohibit searching for or collecting artifacts. Others are no restrictions.

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome from Texas :wave:

Yep look out if the land you’re detecting is private or HS. Good luck out there! :icon_thumright:

Seabees

Jan 3, 2014
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
-Whites & Minelab-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet. I look forward to your future finds/post. What part of eastern Washington?

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: Washington for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum, Good Luck this year! :icon_thumleft:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet from MI Tommy

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to TNet
from the State of Jefferson...!

OP
OP
B

BABALONGOGGLES

Jan 10, 2020
Eastern WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm guessing "fr" means friend request. I'm still learning the site, but when I find it I'll accept it. Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Oklahoma. I was born at Fairchild AFB down there by you. Looking forward to your future finds and research. Good Luck and happy hunting

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan
8-)
:cat:
:occasion14:
:headbang:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to Tnet

OP
OP
B

BABALONGOGGLES

Jan 10, 2020
Eastern WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Oklahoma. I was born at Fairchild AFB down there by you. Looking forward to your future finds and research. Good Luck and happy hunting

There are a few places near the AFB that have a lot of history. Did you ever get out and metal detect and, if so, would you be willing to share some places I could hit without worrying about getting in trouble. I'm new to the hobby, and I've mostly only been able to do research so far because of the snow, but I'm chomping at the bit to hit some of the spots I've marked on Google maps.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a few places near the AFB that have a lot of history. Did you ever get out and metal detect and, if so, would you be willing to share some places I could hit without worrying about getting in trouble. I'm new to the hobby, and I've mostly only been able to do research so far because of the snow, but I'm chomping at the bit to hit some of the spots I've marked on Google maps.

I don't know any right off hand. My grandparents had some property out that way but have since passed and my uncles lost it. I wish I could help you out more. Let me do some thinking....

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard T-Net from Northern Virginia :skullflag:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread