hibaldone

Greenie
May 9, 2013
Plano Tx
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there, I am new to both metal detecting and the forum. I have only found a hand full of change and lots of junk at the local school yard this past weekend but feel in love with the hobby. I debated on what detector to get but went with the Ace 350 only because it was all I could find at the time and was given a great deal on it. I look forward to doing lots of research for locations to dig and sharing my finds.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Treasurenet. The Ace 350 is a good detector. I hear lots of rings are coming out of the lake east of you. I used to live off Legacy and Custer back in the 90's.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
Welcome from Lowry Crossing! About the rings from the local lakes...most lakes here are COE managed and you have to get a permit, and you can only hunt the parks with dedicated swim areas, by law. I do know though that free stylers with new machines go willy-nilly a lot. Anyway, I mainly hunt McKinney and a few local town schools and parks, but I do have permits for both Lavon and Lewisville's swim areas. Stupid restrictions for a mud hole lake. Happy Hunting! martin

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA)!
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Texas for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

OP
OP
hibaldone

hibaldone

Greenie
May 9, 2013
Plano Tx
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all. I have looked into getting a permit from the COE for Lavon Lake but like y'all said its a mud hole. I have family that lives on and around the lake for years. I think for now I'm going to hunt the local school yards and do some research for Plano.
Thanks for the big welcome!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread