DirtySCGirl

Greenie
Jul 9, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
AtPro Orange pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad someone told me about this site. I'm new with a detector but have been playing'in the dirt all of my life. My family has lived and farmed our land for 200 years here in SC. We have found many things in fields after plowing and rains so I thought I would give metal detecting a try. Looks like an informative site and look forward to learning all I can.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the site. There are lots of nice folks here. I'll bet that SC soil holds some wonderful old treasures in it. What type of detector do you use?

OP
OP
DirtySCGirl

DirtySCGirl

Greenie
Jul 9, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
AtPro Orange pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a toy machine and bought an AtPro from a guy from over in Harleyville about 2 weeks ago.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: South Carolina for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
DirtySCGirl

DirtySCGirl

Greenie
Jul 9, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
AtPro Orange pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I cant wait to find some things like are posted here. You do know Everyone's relative were Generals and gold and silver is buried in every farm field.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome Dirty Girl (that's easier than saying DirtySCGirl !!!).

At least you bought a formidable machine, there's tons & tons of threads here talking about the ATP. It will likely suit you for years to come. Just take your time and get to know it. When you hit hundreds of hours use in the Pro mode, you will be the queen of the block. A very capable machine.

I've never used one, only read about them here. I'm a former Garrett guy in the old days and now a Minelab guy in this evolution. But, I've hunted beside them. Kept me competitive for sure!

South Carolina was wealthier in the olden times than this clay / rock hard living we had in SW Virginia. You should do very well down there.

And, of course, don't forget the fresh water lakes. You're submersible you know :)

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to TNET. My ancestors were from SC as early as 1770. I hope you find some of their stuff. Good hunting.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts and metal detecting! The AT Pro is a good first machine you will enjoy the ease of the machine.

GL & HH

USMC Reaper

May 23, 2015
Abbeville, S.C.
Detector(s) used
MineLab CTX 3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the asylum! Parris Island, SC is my most favorite place in the whole world!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from White Plains, New York! :occasion14:

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome from Alabama to TNET. I have been hunting with a pre owned AT pro. Look at my posts since 2016 Jan. Great machine. In SC your history is much older than here so you are in a land of plenty. My family lived in Anderson 1770 and later. Best of hunting to you.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome from Charlotte!

thaigler

Jul 27, 2016