New from the Mid-Michigan area

jaldri01

Jan 1, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone! A few of my family members love going out metal detecting, as a young kid i as never really into this at all. However, early in 2013 i was out with a friend and he let me barrow his Garrett. It was about 15 min latter i dug up my first coin 1972 penny. I know its just a penny, but the thrill of hearing the beep on the machine and then digging and using the pin pointer was amazing, and at that very second i was hooked.
After looking at many different websites on equipment and looking at reviews, I decided to go with a Garrett. The main reason was that my family and friend had this brand and i thought it would be nice to have some people to fall back on when i have questions about digging. My lovely girlfriend has listened to me over and over again about buying a detector and listened to my ramblings on where i want to go and why. That said when i opened my gift for christmas i found that she bought me a Bounty Hunter QuickDraw 2.
I cant wait to get out when the weather is nicer. For now i am just getting to know it, watching a lot of videos on youtube and passing some coins by it to see what it registers and to hear the tones.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Michigan for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

NoBootyYet

Dec 3, 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from Birmingham, Alabama and happy hunting to you. Be sure to share your cool finds as well as the things that you learn.

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello and welcome.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread