New from the South...

Dec 15, 2010
Hello everyone! Let me introduce myself and give a little background. Ever since I was young, I've been interested in stories of conspiracies, mysteries, lost treasures, and the like. Once I had access to the internet, I was busily perusing Google for tales of adventure, gold, Spaniards, cowboys, Mexicans, Indians, and the like. I read a lot of articles, including some from this site and daydreamed. A few years passed, and the other day, I must've seen some news article that re-sparked my curiosity in lost gold. I remembered this site, and looked it up! It's just as I remembered: fascinating.

A bit of personal background: I'm a student over in central Oklahoma working on my college degree in history. The historical aspect for me is what's really rewarding. I'd love nothing better to clear up a few historical mysteries. I would not mind spending a little time out of town poking around out in the backwoods. For a country boy, it's always a lot of fun exploring out doors, and I love a good intellectual challenge/puzzle, especially when it might lead to some sort of reward!

I currently have not treasure hunt in the desert, or hunted some of the rumored KGC leads nearby in Arkansas, but I would be open to learning/actively hunting. I understand the woods, have a sharp eye, and am no stranger, so I would not be a liability when it comes to the outdoors end. I would like to acquire a metal detector and maybe do some part-time digging. Seems like a really fun hobby, and it seems so exciting to find some silver or gold.

As for my username, I will be a US Marine 2nd Lieutenant when I graduate and my roots lie in Texas and Arkansas. Proud to be a Southerner, and prouder still to be a Marine.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my Dad is a Lt Col. in the Marines (retired)
(I think that is the right title lol)

Proud to be a Marine---damn straight! :)

detecting is a blast. I haven't been doing it long but plan on sticking with it....just darn fun.

Hi from NC....South rules!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Marine, if you're in Oklahoma, you're in luck. Go to your local bookstore and buy Steve Wilson's 'Oklahoma Treasures and Treasure Tales'. It will be in the regional section at Hastings or Borders. They can order it for you if it's not in stock. You will like this book, and it's great for research and inspiration.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net MarinefromDixie. :icon_thumright:

Thank you for your service. :thumbsup:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MG_127.gif
MarinefromDixie

welcome53 (3).jpg

River-Rat-Sig2.gif

Attachments

• welcome53 (3).jpg
    welcome53 (3).jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 69
  • River-Rat-Sig2.gif
    River-Rat-Sig2.gif
    41.8 KB · Views: 94

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome brother, enjoy your stay

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome, marinefromdixie, thanks for your service. and happy hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread