New Garrett Ace 250

WinnGoldDigger

Feb 24, 2007
Central Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I got my new Garrett Ace 250 in the mail today. This is my first metal detector ever, but it seems pretty easy to operate. My friend and co-worker, Kisatche, will be getting his in soon and we will embark upon some team treasure hunts, but I did want to post my two first finds. After about an hour of treasure hunting in our yard, my oldest son and I returned with two rusty nails. I know it doesn't seem like much, but my 250 told me they were iron and how deep they were, which went a long way toward building my confidence in the machine. I'm sure we'll do better tomorrow, though... maybe 3 rusty nails. LOL.
I didn't feel the need to post any pics as most of us know what rusty nails look like. ;D

Upvote 0

Buffalo Hunter

Feb 14, 2007
WV
You will like the 250 , my son has one,we have only got out a time or so because of the weather here ,but so far he is very pleased with it. Like any detector you will have some things to learn about it but like I said I think you will be satisfied with it.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Clifford Powell

Nov 13, 2005
New Mexico
I bought an Ace a little more than a year ago and had a great time with it. In the 6 weeks I had it I found enough to really rekindle my interest in this hobby. Bet it fires you up too. Just jump right in and go to a park\school\athletic field and I bet you start findings keepers right away.

Good Luck!

popcorn

Jun 18, 2005
You will like the ace 250 a lot I have just got one and am realley impressed at its abilty.

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TN and I had to give you my 2 cents worth...You will love it..I have had mine abt 2 months and sure does a great job. I love coinshooting and it very seldom lies to you...well..heck it does better than most us MDer's...in the lying dept..lol Or should I say tall tales..HH and keep it up..next time post the pics of the nails...LOL

K

kindgrind

What are rusty nails? LOL anyhoo same here, Im in Korea just got the 250 went out froze my @ZZ off and found some bottle caps. Then I ended up pulling this coin out its only 1971 but worth a bit here in Korea which put a smile on my face.

Attachments

• SPA51944.JPG
    SPA51944.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 409
  • SPA51946.JPG
    SPA51946.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 401

tpmrcp

Dec 31, 2006
East Stroudsburg, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will be finding coins and rings in no time with that Ace 250, trust me!

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my ace, I have found a little bit of everything with it, and it is is really nice to be able to have an good idea what material you are digging and how far down. Good luck

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my Ace 250 I got for Christmas too. I found an 1883 Indian head about 8" deep with it and a whole lot more. It just keeps getting better the warmer it gets. You can get plenty of advice on here about how to use it better. Best of luck to ya!

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Welcome to the fold!! You're gonnna love it here!

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Welcome to Treasure Net. You are going to have a lot of fun with your ACE 250, last year I paid for mine and also paid for the SunRay probe I bought to use with it. I found over 4000 clad coins with this fine detector. I can't tell you how many silver coins I found, I posted them on here in December. Have a great time with your detector. If you have any questions about this great little detector, don't be afraid to ask, someone will come up with an answer.

I hope you are using a headset with this great detector. It really helps when trying to find those deep signals. Also by using a headset, your not bothering other people who are close by and really don't want to hear your detector beeping.

HH, and keep the coil to the soil, Ringfinder

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
You'll like the ace. It's a good detector. I found old coins with it the first day it came out of the box.

Spend alot of time with it. You'll get good over alot of field use with it. It's a treasure finding machine.

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread