,U.S.A. almost in Canada
Detector(s) used
....Tesoro conquistador , minelab sovereign

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have the g.b.pro ,it's easy to understand . no problems here .

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
All detectors have a learning curve, but some are longer than others. Many detectors are easier to use for someone who never had a detector than they are for someone switching from another detector.

The reason would be that in addition to learning the new detector, one must forget some things about how the other one works. The same object may give different ID # or different tone, different sensitivity numbers for best stability.

Some people learn some things fast, some learn everything fast, or learn slow. Field testers are usually people who can adapt to any detector almost immediately, so they get the maximum results in a short time.

When someone says a detector has a long learning curve, what detector are they comparing it to? Did they read the manual? Do air tests? Plant coins?

Also, long learning curve can mean it takes time to know *everything* about a detector, or to get best results. This of course does not mean they won't find anything if they don't know everything. Is it is too difficult or not? Reading the manuals on mfrs websites might help decide that. Best wishes, George (MN)

OP
OP
kando

kando

Nov 14, 2008
,U.S.A. almost in Canada
Detector(s) used
....Tesoro conquistador , minelab sovereign
George (MN) said:
All detectors have a learning curve, but some are longer than others. Many detectors are easier to use for someone who never had a detector than they are for someone switching from another detector.

The reason would be that in addition to learning the new detector, one must forget some things about how the other one works. The same object may give different ID # or different tone, different sensitivity numbers for best stability.

Some people learn some things fast, some learn everything fast, or learn slow. Field testers are usually people who can adapt to any detector almost immediately, so they get the maximum results in a short time.

When someone says a detector has a long learning curve, what detector are they comparing it to? Did they read the manual? Do air tests? Plant coins?

Also, long learning curve can mean it takes time to know *everything* about a detector, or to get best results. This of course does not mean they won't find anything if they don't know everything. Is it is too difficult or not? Reading the manuals on mfrs websites might help decide that. Best wishes, George (MN)
I understand what you are saying. I have a Sovereign and i see ones saying about the long learning curve on it. And to me it had no learning curve to it at all ***** I took to it like a fish to water...So i guess it is what you make it.

momule55

Nov 9, 2006
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra's The Great One's!!!
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If you use a Sovereign, the Gold Bug will be a piece of cake!!!! I tried a Sovereign once, and it was gone the next day......Really the GB is a great detector. I have a short review of the Tek G2 on the Teknetics Brand Forum, it is basicly the same as the Gold Bugs....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread