danrclem

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2012
In The Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everybody. My wife had been wanting a detector for some time now so I bought her an Ace 250 for Christmas. I know that's not the choice for serious detectors but everybody has to start somewhere and I thought it was a good choice without breaking the bank.

Well I have to say that I kinda like it too. We've looked on our place and found a couple pennies, a horse shoe, an old Phizer prescription bottle, an old crow bar and several pieces of foil and metal. I may have to get into this myself. Well I think I already have. :thumbsup:
Danny

welcome danny, im sure you and the wife will enjoy lots of days detecting

Welcome ! The more you get to know that machine. The better the finds. Happy Hunting !

Thanks for the welcomes and I'll keep y'all posted if I have any good finds.

Danny

Welcome Danny, the Ace 250 is a great choice used by beginners and experienced detectorists on a tight budget.

Welcome Danny, the Ace 250 is a great choice used by beginners and experienced detectorists on a tight budget.

I did some research before buying and it seemed like a lot of people liked them and it has a lot of bang for the buck. I can't say for sure if it was the best choice because I know so little about detectors but I do believe that it was a good choice. It's very easy to use by a complete novice like myself but I'm sure there are a lot of things that I can still learn. I'm still reading and learning

I can see a Garrett Pro-Pointer in my future.

Again, Thanks for all of the welcomes.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back