New guy from Maine, USA

armycopter

Tenderfoot
Mar 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone, I made a post yesterday in relics before I found the new member introduction area so I am catching up.

I bought my MD about a month ago to use while SCUBA diving here in the Northeast. I am hoping to find relics and possibly jewelry and coins just off the beaches and at some of the more popular swimming areas.

I am using the detector on land to get used to it (Garrett SeaHunter Mark 2)

What I wasn't anticipating was the learning curve! I thought you just point the detector and bingo! it would tell you there was metal down below! I wasn't counting on trash and types of metals and other stuff. BUT, I am having a lot of fun! My daughter really likes it too. She is excited to see what we pull out of the ground. So far it hasn't been much (an old bell, a few rusty square spikes, and what I think is a bullet) but we are hooked!

Looking forward to being part of the community

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome from N. Mississippi

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Maine for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome! The Garrett SeaHunter Mark II is a good machine designed for digging all metals. It's water proof capability allows you to venture where most land detectors can't go. You will dig a lot of pull tabs, nails, bobby pins as it has little discrimination capability. But it wll also find gold and silver, so have fun and dig away. In saltwater, there is less trash in the water compared to on the dry sand beach.

Wayne

Metal Detector Sales and Rentals | Fisher, Garrett, Minelab, Lesche and DetectorPro

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Welcome! What part of Maine are you in?

sent from a potato...

OP
OP
A

armycopter

Tenderfoot
Mar 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Diesel,

I live in Saco... In other words "Northern Mass!"

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Hi Diesel,

I live in Saco... In other words "Northern Mass!"

Lol! Sometimes o come down that way to hunt the beaches.

sent from a potato...

OP
OP
A

armycopter

Tenderfoot
Mar 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...from "the county!" huh? I go to Bangor a lot because I am in the National Guard.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
...from "the county!" huh? I go to Bangor a lot because I am in the National Guard.

Lol! No not the county. I'm up in mid coast close to Rockland. I couldn't take living in the county, to cold and desolate...

sent from a potato...

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HArmyCopter ; Welcome from Boston. First piece of advice is to join a detecting club near you. You will meet a lot of folks and learn a whole lot more than you ever will by yourself ok. Second is to get a copy of the RS Yeoman Guide to United States coins. It is known as the RED BOOK ok. It is the BIBLE of US coins ok. Best Wishes; PEACE:RONB

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard
pirates.gif

1951hudson

Greenie
Apr 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey I'm from kennebunkport I live in Biddeford now, I also have an under water detector and a few dry land units too I'd love a person to go with!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread