New Guy from North Carolina

dustydan

Greenie
Jul 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Metal Detectorist
I'm from Western North Carolina. A little town called Boonsville. Plenty of old homes to hunt around this area...I got a map from the libriary that gives a location of all the land grants of Yadkin county back to mid 1700's. It list all the indian trails and old homesteads including river crossings....I have tried to do a updated lay over of Yadkin county.....Its still a work in progress , but still working on it....I would love to hunt down at the Benttonville area if someone has a place or knows of an area....I'm not a longtime detectorist (maybe 2yr) I have a MXT from Whites and a Garrett's Ace 250...I'm also a Veteran from VietNam and retired , so most any day I can Detect.... Would be great to have a hunting buddy .it's always better to have someone to talk to . Thanks TONY

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to Treasurenet Tony!

You might check out the Barracks forum. There's several RVN vet threads there...

Also, if you don't know it already, there's been gold found all up and down the Yadkin River. Gold pans are relatively inexpensive, and the adventure is incredible! However, you need to plan that carefully. I'd recommend a little research into public access and legalities before you go dipping into the river.

There's a GPAA Chapter in Greensboro.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: North Carolina for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TNet Dustydan.

I live in Mint Hill, just outside of Charlotte. I work during the week, but am always up for a hunt on the weekends. PM me sometime.

Thanks!

OP
OP
D

dustydan

Greenie
Jul 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet Dustydan.

I live in Mint Hill, just outside of Charlotte. I work during the week, but am always up for a hunt on the weekends. PM me sometime.

Thanks!

I will thaNKS tony

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread