New Guy From South Carolina

nextlevel

Greenie
Jan 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone. Name is Jeff, and I live in upstate South Carolina with my wife Jennifer.

I recently registered on this forum just to see if anyone could tell me what an item was that I've had for years in the "What Is It?" thread, and that went very well for me.

I haven been looking for the site quite a bit in the last couple of days and I am amazed! I just never realized there were so many people out there who did this kind of stuff. I myself enjoy doing things estate sales, storage auctions, yard sales, flee markets, and thrift stores to find unique little treasures to keep, or to resell.

I haven't owned a metal detector since I was a kid (had a cheapo from Radio Shack), but I am seriously considering buying one. I know there is a chance that I will never find anything, and I am OK with that. But all of this, all of your finds, all of your stories have really gotten me interested, and I think I want to be a part of this great community of treasure hunters, and collectors.

Anyways, I'm rambling on.

Again, thank those of you who helped me with my unidentified object in the "What Is It?" thread, and I look forward to learning everything I can from this forum, and hopefully I can find my own treasures one day.

:icon_thumleft:

Oh, and one more thing...

Roll Tide!
(I'm originally from Alabama)

F

Felinepeachy

Hi Jeff, welcome to Treasurenet. :hello2: If I lived in South Carolina I would be getting a detector as fast as I could. With all the history around you there is no doubt you WILL find stuff. The most important thing to do to find good stuff is to do your research. Look at old maps, look up military camp sites, historical areas etc, and get permission to hunt those properties. It's there. Good luck and happy hunting.

Peachy :hello:

OP
OP
N

nextlevel

Greenie
Jan 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Felinepeachy said:
Hi Jeff, welcome to Treasurenet. :hello2: If I lived in South Carolina I would be getting a detector as fast as I could. With all the history around you there is no doubt you WILL find stuff. The most important thing to do to find good stuff is to do your research. Look at old maps, look up military camp sites, historical areas etc, and get permission to hunt those properties. It's there. Good luck and happy hunting.

Peachy :hello:

Thanks for the tips!

My wife actually has some family here that has several hundred acres of land that is full of fields, creeks, and woods. I'm hoping we'll be able to take advantage of it!

F

Felinepeachy

Oh I am SO jealous! :laughing7: There are lots of folks here from SC so hopefully you will meet a few hunting buddies. Cant wait to see what you start finding. Also remember this; we ALL dig trash. If you don't dig trash you wont find treasure. In other words, dig it all until you know what your machine is telling you :tard:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MG_127.gif
Jeff