New guy from the Netherlands

Meurnik

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I allready posted my intro in the new-members section, but i think it would fit in here a bit better since i want to prospect for gold. :hello:

Hello everybody!

I am a 25 year old real-estate-management student from the Netherlands/Holland. I have allways been interested in and have been actually working outdoors and all the gold-mine shows on Discovery Channel kind of triggered me to do some research about goldprospecting. There is only one little problem, our tallest mountain is only 300m above sea-level and there is no gold whatsoever over here.

One of my new-years resolutions was to finally do my internship, and i have allways wanted to do it outside of the Netherlands. I had a 6 month internship planned to London (UK) one year ago, but it got cancelled because the company i was going to work for went bankrupt. Now i got this crazy idea to move to gold-territory so i can do my internship and feed my hunger to play in the dirt in my time off.

So i was wondering if there is anyone on this forum that could give me any advice where to go (gold-wise) and possible internships.

Regards Meurnik

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

Meurnik

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@MrLee:
Thanks for asking around. I love the music, but i have never heard these artists. Here is one of my favourites: Zippyshare.com - Dyro_-_Live_@_Amsterdam_Dance_Event_(Escape_Venue,_Netherlands)_-_18-10-2012-www.mixing.dj.mp3

@Terry:
I have missed it, was a little busy eating. I had surgery last week, they removed my tonsils and it is a very painfull procedure when you are 25 or older, and it was the first night i was able to eat in a week. So i ate Black Angus Hanger steaks, pasta-salad, fries and tiramisu for desert. Man, it felt great!

The clip is really nice, but the channel is a bit awkward. It's called Omroep MAX and it's the 60+ channel of dutch television. :tongue3: But on the other hand 60+ is probably a good target for some publicity. Yesterdays paper had an article about 60 to 70 yr olds in Holland care the least about costs of a holiday. My parents have been to the USA 3 years ago and are going again next year. (they are late 50's)

Is this clip made by people of your prospecting-school?

@B H Prospector:
Looks like a good place for the gold, and in a town of 68.000 you will probably have a few companies. I have been searching the web, but it feels like searching for a needle in the haystack. You ever heard of a company with 3-5 employees there? Even if you just have a company name or website it would help out. :icon_thumright:

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Meurnik

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAMN... all my plans go right in the bin.

I just tore my achillestendon off in a game of badminton... Monday in surgery. 6 weeks in a cast, 6-8 months before i can play my beloved badminton. :BangHead:

So my plans for an internship abroad will have to be revised. Big bummer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Meurnik

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surgery in 5 hours... they will take my little cast off, cut my foot open, stitch my Achilles tendon up and then close my foot down and put it in a cast again.

Let's hope fore the best. :icon_scratch:

IMG_20130208_001137[1].jpg

Last edited:

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Meurnik,

Just going through your posts. Welcome to tnet and this world of dreams. Sometimes they come true. The opportunities are big out west. Funny it seems like I'm selling something. Where do you sit in your real estate journey? By that I mean, what do you intend to do with it? Yes the markets have been hit hard out here, but with the right company or investors it hasn't effected as much. I know of several realtors who are doing good. They're always moving properties. Then there's the other option of setting up your own office. So that's why the question. I myself do drafting design on a limited basis as well as clean pools (my excercise). So I've got to know and meet several people.
Are you going for realtors license or are you wanting to deal more with finances?
That'd give me an idea of at least who I could talk to. Don't let your Achilles' tendon issue be a hindrance. However, at least there you'd have medical coverage. Free right?
I've got an aunt who married a guy from Denmark. He came here and started a flower shop, but now buys properties and then sales them. I might be able to get you in touch with him.
I'm a huge advocate of entrepreneurial enterprise. Being a new citizen of the U.S. would be a huge advantage for you in being able to start your own business. But if you'd rather work for someone else then that's fine too. Pm me if you'd be interested. Maybe I could help ya. Arizona is a great state. An hour drive takes you from desert to pines and mountains. Lots of places to go.
Ps: how did you hurt your tendon playing badminton? Must've been an aggressive game.

OP
OP
M

Meurnik

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Garret.

i have to do an internship of 20 weeks for my study Real Estate & Realty. My internship consists of researching local markets, researching financial feasibility or management of property (maintenance and keeping the real estate occupied) for a company. My dream is to have my own portoflio in the future... buying, fixing, selling or renting out real estate. I will PM you about this!

Then there is my foot....
Had surgery on it yesterdaymorning, and it turned out good. I was in lots of pain and got sick of all the painkillers, but this morning it was way better. Just got home, and started my
medical rehabilitation of 6-9 months.

Here is a picture of the move i made. In this move you jump backward and land on your left foot (if you are righthanded) and pushing yourself forward to get back to the centre of the court. It gets 8-9 times your bodyweight in force on your Achilles tendon.... in my case 9 times 89 kg's. So it snapped off.

612766456.jpg

Regards Meurnik

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Meurnik,
There are three or more companies here with several employees.Rossum & Neal Realtors (Remax), Lewis Kirkeby & Hall Real Estate Inc. (Caldwell), Raben Real Estate, Kahler Realtors (Prudential),1st Choice Realty,LLC www.moverapidcity.com. They have 30 + agents. These are the largest in the area. Good luck and I home you mend quickly.

B H Prospector

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to hear about your injury!! OUCH!! Yes, that is my Chief Prospecting Instructor, Bret Chilcott in the video clip. Get Better Soon!

OP
OP
M

Meurnik

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@B H Prospector
Thanks, i will take a look at them. :icon_thumright: And i will try to mend as quickly and good as i can. Need the tendon for at least another 50 years.

@Terry
How did you get in contact with them? Is your school quite big?

@Garret
Did you have one of these? :hello2: Bit awkward to be in a mobility-scooter as a 25-year old. :icon_scratch: Sure helps me out, i can go to all places i need to go.
1360879157246.jpg

Last edited:

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No I didn't. They were concerned with my bone by the knee so they didn't give me one until the ortho dr saw the X-rays. Then he just put me in a space boot and let me use the crutches.
The scooter would've been cool. I could've taken that out detecting to carry stuff behind as I work my way to dig site. Lol

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
..@Terry
How did you get in contact with them? Is your school quite big?
View attachment 742318

They contacted us. We have done segments for local TV stations, BusinessWeek TV, History Channel, Discovery Channel, and several European TV shows. We are the leading provider of Gold Prospecting and Meteorite Hunting trips and lessons in the United States.

OP
OP
M

Meurnik

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@Garret
Too bad you didn't have one. I rented one and it is going to cost me about 500 bucks for 2 months, but it is well worth it.

@Terry
I didn't realize your business was that big. It's awesome to getcoverage by such big TV-channels on a hobby that turned into a fulltime job! :occasion14:

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Meurnik

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good news, medical rehab is going great! 2 weeks after the surgery they changed the cast and i had a little look at my foot. It looks smaller and a little pathetic... :P Wound recovered neatly and is smaller (only 2-3 inches) than i thought. They changed the angle of my foot so there is tension on my tendon, that did hurt a bit and is annoying for a few days. But i am on my way back. At least 5,5 months to go before i can play sports on the old level!

New cast is pink, just for the fun of it! :D Next one will be camo, so i won't be noticed in the woods!

Cast2.jpg

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got out of dr office. Another week and a half in boot then can get out of boot and probably ankle brace for another couple weeks. Ughhh. I want to get back in the hills.
Glad to hear you're healing up well. Might take longer to get back to 100%. If he lets you start working on flexibility, then start pushing.
I've been pushing the ankle a bit in rotation and bending. Hoping to have the strength still for hiking. Or at least stumbling in the hills. Lol.

OP
OP
M

Meurnik

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to hear Garret! Keep going at it! :headbang:

I need to pull my tose up as much as i can... and i take 1,5 to 2 hours a day to do it. :) Will take about 5-8 more months before i'm back to my old level. Had only 1 beer in a month and quit smoking, so maybe this injury is good for my general health! :occasion14:

fader

Mar 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I'm new here, I'm Polish and I live in Amsterdam and looking for someone to look up if there is anyone interested please contact me. [email protected]

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
M

Meurnik

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Lanny! It's getting better, going to get a cast i can walk on in 4 days! :D

So coming weeks i will be learning how to walk again!

Keep you guys posted!

OP
OP
M

Meurnik

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well guys, i am up and running (well, cripled walking) again! :D

My latest and last cast with shoe!! In 2 weeks i will see how much my calf has shrunk... and i will start my rehabilitation! Can't wait! :headbang:
cast.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions