New guy in TN

Caleb in TN

Jan 3, 2008
Alexandria, TN
Hey guys,
My name is Caleb, I live in Alexandria, Tn.
My Dad got me started detecting a few years back on the whites machines, the first silver half dollar hooked me. I now run an Explorer II and am slowly digging more and more old coins and new junk.
I am new here and hope to learn alot and post some pics soon. My Dad has a profile on here also so maybe I can try and out do him.
That was my introduction, i look forward to seeing all of the finds on here. ;D

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro
Yep that's my wet behind ears Son. You gotta watch him though he'll act like he's only digging trash and at the end of the day dump out his pouch and have a fistful of coins. He loves to rub it in too. LMAO.
I've got him hooked and he's great partner. Make him welcome Guys/Gals..

K

Kentucky Kache

Welcome, Caleb. Don't worry, you'll be able to outdo the 'old guy' ;)

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
That's the secret of a great hobby...something which will bring the family/generations together. I think it is awesome that you have a built-in hunting partner.
Get out there detecting and post some great Tennessee finds for us all to drool over.

grizzly bare

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Hi, Caleb welcome to TN. I think it's great you and your dad can share your hobby together! Can't wait to see your finds.

GLH,
Pepper

OP
OP
Caleb in TN

Caleb in TN

Jan 3, 2008
Alexandria, TN
Hey guys,
Thanks for the boost, I have an actual virgin site to goto today.
It is the site of a home 150 yrs ago, plus civil war activity.
My girlfriends family farm, been in the family for 100+ yrs. and Dad isn't going on this trip.
I'll post my finds later today. The ground is almost frozen here now and its very cold outside so not sure how long i will stay, so I'll hold my breath. So stay tuned for more...

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
Well, Caleb (Welcome, by the way), how'd you do? Let's see the goods!

I live in Clarksville, about 45 miles NW of Nashville. Where are you at? I've not heard of Alexandria, TN

Roger

OP
OP
Caleb in TN

Caleb in TN

Jan 3, 2008
Alexandria, TN
Hey,
I bought my truck in Clarksville!
We are about 45 min from you, exit 254 on I40. Nice to have someone close by.
Me, my father, and his brother love to detect. We have thrown the idea of a detecting club around for several years, maybe some of your buds and our gang can have a group hunt sometime.
I am currently trying to make time to goto a plantation home were lots of slaves were were owned in Clarksville. Small world huh

OP
OP
Caleb in TN

Caleb in TN

Jan 3, 2008
Alexandria, TN
Whoops!
Im not close to Clarksville its Cookeville. Thats my mistake, you are north of Nashville, I am south east of there. Sorry

K

KirkTN

I rember that big ole grin that wouldn't stop when you found that walkin lady half. You did show your Dad and Uncle Kirk up that day.

bruizr

Feb 4, 2006
Poplar Bluff, Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, 'big bud' by bounty hunter, aqua vision
welcome, neighbor! anything you'd like to 'voluteer' to 'show me' would be appreciated by us all i'm sure.

K

KirkTN

Hey Bruizer,

I like the caption at the bottom of your post, I'm a writer and I agree with what it says. Happy Hunting.

KirkTN

Tn Gizmo

Sep 4, 2007
Moss, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Compass 77B ; whites 6000D ; Garrett Master Hunter CX w/Treasure Hound (two box); Minelab Exp. II
Hello Caleb Welcome I'm not too far from you just North near the Ky/Tn line. I think the folks up my way were too poor to lose much of anything. Take care and I'm looking forward to seeing your finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread