New guy on the block

badbruce

Dec 18, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings,
Just wanted to say hi from the used to be great state of California. Pacifica to be exact, a bedroom community of San Francisco. It ain't my fault. I was born here & raised here by progressive liberals.
Before everyone starts screaming & running for the exits :wink: I did get all of that washed off. It took decades, but wash off it did.

Anyway, as a kid, I started rockhounding in the late 50's with my old man & we explored the pacific northwest, mostly Ca, Ore & Nv. It sure was different in the mountains back then.
At the suggestion of my son I picked it up again when he moved to Sacramento & we started to sluice & then dredge in 2006 & I have great memories from those trips.

With the state of Ca. being completely turned over to the moron squad it looks like my future prospecting will be limited to metal detecting & sluicing. That is until they decide to outlaw that
and then I'll be a criminal. I tell folks now that it took 40 years for me to get back into the mountains & the only way they'll get me out now it to carry me out in a body bag. A little harsh I know but I'm getting sick & tired of being pushed around by people like Fearless Fosdick behind the Resolute Desk who think they know whats better for me than I do myself.
Anyway that'll give you a clue as to who I am & my political bent.

Cheers :icon_thumright: all & I'll catch you on the forums,
bruce

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting