new guy to the forums

dixie bee

Greenie
Dec 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all.
I just joined the forum, but have been reading many posts and threads here lately.
I'm 37 years old, married with two children. We live on a small farm in west central indiana.
My uncle is a treasure hunter, he uses Garret metal detectors, my grandad was as well for many years before he passed away.
I have another uncle who, until he became disabled, use to metal detect, and panned for gold.

I dont have a metal detector, but plan on buying a garret ace 350 after the first of the year.

I have no preconceived notions that i will get a metal detector and start digging up caches of gold and silver. I have a bad back and will likely end up completely disabled in the future, but sometimes just walking (not on cement) can ease some pain in my back, so i figured, why not swing a metal detector while walking.
I have many properties near me where old homesteads once sat and I am friends with most of the owners and deer hunt on many of those properties already, so possibly could have some nice locations to hunt.

So, now you know all about me, I look forward to reading more here and cant wait to get my MD.

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome aboard! I hope to see some interesting finds after you get set up! -Luke

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I know all about the back thing...as long as you kneel on one leg(no back bending)I find it quite
therapeutic.

When you start finding good stuff....amazing how your back don't hurt as much!:laughing7:

Oh ya....WELCOME dude!

GOD Bless

Chris

Last edited:

I C THE LITE

Mar 11, 2013
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
minelabs- se pro and excaliber, ace250, tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the site. Finding stuff is fun but exercise , getting out with the family and getting fresh air only adds to the total picture. I also have a bad back and it's rather ironic that the pain seems to go away when you are digging treasures. Good luck and looking forward to your posts. Lets see some pictures of your big IND bucks.

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come ... :thumbsup:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Indiana for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread