New guy to Tnet and to metal detecting

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Hi gang

Only been out 7 times and still trying to figure the M6 out. No silver or rings yet, only clad and memorial pennies. The weather here in Michigan hasn't cooperated very much in the last couple weeks, but the 6 inches of snow we got this week melted yesterday and the temperature is supposed to be in the mid 40's today...a heat wave!

I'll attach some of my finds; nothing special. The picture of the junk is only from one of my excursions...I need a much bigger lens on my camera to take a picture of all the junk I've dug, ha ha. I won't bother you with the 61 pennies except to state that 5 or 6 of them are so corroded that they aren't even worth face value. The flattened piece at the end of the clad is a quarter that was probably ran through one of those carnival machines that they flatten coins and imprint them for souveneers...I haven't seen one for quarters though, only pennies...you can barely read In God We Trust along one of the edges.

Enough for now, I'm heading out in a few minutes to a couple new spots (new to me anyway); I'm hoping the one spot hasn't been hit but I'm not real confident of that...it's a historical spot from the mid 1800's; no building left, only a clearing...it was only active from 1836 to 1853...here's hoping!

If I find anything I'll let you know.

Good luck if any of you get out this weekend.

Prober

Attachments

• 2007_0413Image0177.JPG
    2007_0413Image0177.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 264
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Prober

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Sorry, it appears the junk picture didn't show up. Can't you attach two pictures at the same time?

PROBER

Attachments

• 2007_0413Image0142.JPG
    2007_0413Image0142.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 263

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prober,
Welcome to the site. Looks like the huntings going great to me. I think my first post was a paper clip, so your pile looks like a cache compared to that. ;D
What part of Michigan are you in?
-MM-

twister

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2005
Springfield, MO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. It will only get better from here. Good luck to you in all your hunts

Happy Hunting

Twister

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net, Prober! Looks like you are doing pretty dang good for just starting out. Take your time, the silver & gold are out there and you will be finding it soon. Yes, you can post more than 1 pic at a time...just click (more attachments) . Looking forward to more pics/posts of your finds. Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

;) RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread