New guy w/ bounty hunter snooper 2

rhodeislander

Dec 28, 2014
Rhode island
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter snooper two
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought this unit for less than a hundred dollars online. It looks like the BH4, not sure what the difference is. I have tested the thresholds with coins, and understand the tones now. Today went to a small local beach and had a blast. Pull tops down four inch or so found easily. Coins, and small items all found quickly. Hemostats found five inches down, wet sand. The tones for junk, vs good is very simple to use. My first unit, so maybe I don't know what I'm missing from a more expensive unit? Had a great time today, so money well spent.

greaser

Oct 21, 2014
minnesota
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, Bounty Hunter Land Ranger PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the new detector. HH

OP
OP
R

rhodeislander

Dec 28, 2014
Rhode island
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter snooper two
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the new detector. HH

I just listed a 250 acre lot for sale, think I have some hunting to do. Now when I take a listing, I'm going to ask the owner if I can poke around. Went out to the beach again today, lots of scrap not much of value. I'm learning what I need however. Just ordered a scoop for the beach, but now will need a shovel for the big lot.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's a nice little analog unit. Even though the disc mode only eliminates iron (low end spectrum) it should find any metal close to the 7" level that is coin sized. Once you get used to hunting and feel like you want to know more about a target before digging, there are a lot of segmented discrimination detectors available for under $200 that saves digging the junk. This one is $160.

lone-star-pro-faceplate.jpg

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as your having a good time and finding things I wouldn't think about buying anything else until your unit pays for itself or at least spend a 100 hours of actual use getting to know that machine before you try another one. You will gain important skills that can be transferred to any other machine and all detectors have their strengths and weaknesses, plus having fun can be hard to replace. Cheers!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread