New guy with the same old question....

donb62

Tenderfoot
Feb 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a small amount of experience with a cheap detector and I want to get a better one. I have been reading this forum for a while trying to pick a new unit. I have decided the Garrett AT pro looks like the one to go with, but before I do I thought I would ask here if there is a better way to go in this price range...
Most of where I'll be using it is in the woods and beaches of northern Minnesota..Thanks, Don...

Upvote 0

treasurecoasteric

Jan 6, 2014
I'd personally go with a used Whites MXT. I've heard GREAT things about them and its little brother the M6. They're built like tanks, are sold by a fantastic company, and can run with the high end machines... Which it is by the way. Another thing to like about it is that it has all you need, but remains very simplistic. Three knobs (including threshold!!!) and a toggle switch, not much you an mess up haha. It really is weird if you dig around on these forums, almost every person I've talked to said that they would grab their MXT over their AT pro or whatever other machine they use any day. I'm not bashing the AT Pro, I'm sure it's a fine machine, but the MXT seems to perform well more consistently.
I hope this helps,
C4C

Very true......The M6 is basically a stripped down MXT, yet just as powerful, durable and effective. Both are GREAT values!

Sent from my BNTV600 using TreasureNet

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very true......The M6 is basically a stripped down MXT, yet just as powerful, durable and effective. Both are GREAT values!

Sent from my BNTV600 using TreasureNet

And hey, you helped me form my opinion haha.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread